N78bn Gained By Stock Market Capitalization As Equities Rally Deepens
The stock market opened the week on a positive note as equities rally deepens, extending it to six consecutive trading days.
The market capitalisation of listed equities on the exchange appreciated by N78 billion from N11.402 trillion to N11.480 trillion.
In the same vein, the Nigeria Stock Exchange (NSE) All-Share Index (ASI) rose by 235.10 basis points or 0.68 per cent to close at 34,663.92 basis points from 34,428.82 on Wednesday.
With the development, its year-to-date return now stands at 24.09 per cent negative. Nestle led the gainers’ chart by N64.78 to close at N995 per share. Seplat gained N33.01 to close at N355.12 while Forte Oil grew by N13.25 to close at N227.25 per share. Guinness appreciated by N7.58 to close at N159.45 while Unilever went up by N1.60 to close at N34.10 per share.
On the other hand, Conoil recorded the highest price loss of N4.33 to close at N40.11 per share. Dangote Cement trailed with a loss of N2.86 to close at N193.79 while MRS dipped by N2.80 to close at N53.20 per share. Oando lost 97 kobo to close at N19 while Flourmill depreciated by 61 kobo to close at N39.40 per share.
Royal Exchange emerged as the investors’ delight, accounting for 231.79 million shares worth N118.21 million. UTC exchanged 75.55 million shares valued at N37.77 million, while Zenith Bank sold 52.82 million shares worth N1.1 billion. FBN Holdings traded 37.57 million valued at N343.25 million and First City Monument Bank (FCMB) sold 33.11 million worth N92.79 million.
In all, the volume of shares traded increased by 6.57 per cent as investors exchanged a total of 620.152 million shares worth N4.68 billion in 4,606 deals as against the 581.903 million shares valued at N3.21 billion traded in 3,448 deals on Wednesday.(Leadership News)
Corporate Overview of the Nigerian Stock Exchange Market
See more updates from:
- Study in USA: 2018 Southern New Hampshire University Merit Scholarships - 20 hours ago
- Study in China: 2018 Wuhan University Scholarships for International and Chinese Law - 20 hours ago
- Study in Japan: 2018 Daiohs Memorial Foundation Scholarships at University of Tokyo – Japan - 20 hours ago
- Study in China: 2018 Henan Provincial Government Scholarship (Fully Funded) - 2 days ago
- Study in UK: 2018 African Excellence Scholarships (Full Tuition) at University of Glasgow - 2 days ago
- Study in UK: University Of Strathclyde Scholarship for Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences - 2 days ago
- Learn Web and Android Programming: Google/Udacity Africa Scholarship Program 2018 - 4 days ago