McIntosh-Patterson 2015-2016 PhD Studentship at University of Edinburgh
About the Host(s): At the University of Edinburgh, they provide a single point of contact for prospective and enrolled students in finding the financial help and information they need in order to pursue their education. The Scholarships and Financial Support Team of the University make students aware of the many scholarships, bursaries and other funds ... Continue Reading
About the Host(s):
At the University of Edinburgh, they provide a single point of contact for prospective and enrolled students in finding the financial help and information they need in order to pursue their education.
The Scholarships and Financial Support Team of the University make students aware of the many scholarships, bursaries and other funds that are available.
The Fees and Student Support Team accurately assess and record tuition fees, research costs and sponsorship details, and assess student fee status.
Their work includes:
- providing assistance for students funded by SAAS, SLC, Research Councils and other funding bodies
- administering student support and loan payments
- liaising with government funding bodies
- advising students and staff on all matters relating to tuition fees and funding
- assessing students fee status i.e. eligibility for home/EU or overseas fees
- administering the Discretionary, Childcare and Travel Funds
- certifying Canadian and US loan applications
- with the Development Office and Schools, setting up guidelines and procedures for new awards
About the Scholarship/Brief Description:
You are invited to apply for the McIntosh-Patterson 2015-2016 PhD Studentship at University of Edinburgh in UK. McIntosh-Patterson PhD Studentship – A fully-funded, three-year PhD studentship at the Angus McIntosh Centre for Historical Linguistics is available to a student starting in September 2015 (or very shortly thereafter).
The award provides for full tuition fees (UK, EU or Overseas), and an annual stipend of £14,000 for three years. The successful applicant’s primary research focus is expected to be on any aspect of historical linguistics that is within the expertise of the staff of Linguistics and English language at Edinburgh.
Criteria for Eligibility:
- The successful applicant will have a very good undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline and will ideally have, or will be studying for, a Masters Degree (or equivalent).
- Applicants must be intending to commence a PhD programme of study in autumn 2015. Existing doctoral researchers (ie. those in their 1st or 2nd year of doctoral study) are not eligible for this award.
- International applicants are welcome to apply for this studentship.
Value of Scholarship/Inclusions:
The award provides for full tuition fees (UK, EU or Overseas), and an annual stipend of £14,000 for three years. Studentship is offered for three years and all applicants will be informed in May 2015.
The mode of applying is electronically. Complete the studentship application form available on the Linguistics and English Language website and submit with the required supporting documentation by Tuesday 7th April 2015.
Deadline for Application:
The application deadline is 7th April 2015.
Official Scholarship Website:
For more information, visit:
Courtesy – Nigerian Scholars Team
Like our new page, Nigerian Scholars on Facebook to keep getting our updates and you can also subscribe by submitting you email address via the subscribe form below to keep receiving our newsletters that willa help you guarantee success in your academic career both in Nigeria and beyond.
It’s our pleasure to keep serving you better.