Loughborough University 2015 Full-Tuition Fee Scholarships
About the Sponsor (Loughborough University):
Loughborough is a fantastic place to study and work, boasting unrivaled sporting achievement, internationally acclaimed research and outstanding teaching quality.
- LARGEST SINGLE SITE GREEN CAMPUS IN THE UK Covering more than 438 acres in the heart of the country.
- FIRST RATE FACILITIES FOR STUDENTS, STAFF AND VISITORS Including world-class sporting amenities, internationally acclaimed research centres and state-of-the-art academic buildings.
- THE UK’S PREMIER UNIVERSITY FOR SPORT AND ITS UNDERPINNING ACADEMIC DISCIPLINES Named the Sports University of the Year in the Times/Sunday Times Good University Guide 2014.
- STIMULATING ECONOMIC GROWTH Generating £823 million expenditure and sustaining over 12,000 jobs.
- LOUGHBOROUGH UNIVERSITY IN LONDON Their academic campus at the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park in London, offering a range of postgraduate courses, opens in 2015.
- A TOP 15 UNIVERSITY Loughborough is ranked in the top 15 in all three national university rankings and is the East Midlands’ top university.
About the Loughborough University 2015 Full-Tuition Fee Scholarships:
You are invited to apply for the Loughborough University 2015 Full-Tuition Fee Scholarships for African Students. Loughborough University is delighted to announce full-fee scholarships for international full-time taught postgraduate students who are currently domiciled (permanently living) in Africa.
These will be known as the Loughborough University Graduate School Development Trust Africa Scholarships . The scholarships are being funded through a combination of generous external funding and Loughborough University funds.
Criteria for Eligibility:
The selection panel will use the following eligibility criteria when assessing applications:
- Currently domiciled (permanently living) in Africa
- Evidence of exceptional academic achievement (normally a 1st Class Honours Degree)
- Commitment to return to their home country on completion of postgraduate programme
- Evidence of the ability and commitment to making a significant contribution to their home country on their return
- Full understanding of the costs involved in coming to study and live in the UK
- Evidence of strong motivation and initiative to secure funds to cover the remainder of the costs involved
Fields of Study:
Number of Scholarships:
Eligible Countries/Target Groups:
ONLY Citizens of ANY African country are eligible – these scholarships are specifically intended for Africans ONLY.
Value of Scholarship/Inclusions:
The scholarships will cover 100% of the course fees for your chosen postgraduate taught course for one year (replacing any Departmental or Loughborough University scholarships or bursaries you may already have been awarded).
Note that students will be expected to fund their travel and maintenance costs through other sources. Financial award will last for the full duration of the postgraduate taught degree programme – one year.
For 2014 entry the scholarship application procedure is an open competition. Students may only apply for the scholarship after an offer for a place has been made .
Students who are in possession of an offer (conditional or unconditional) of a place on a postgraduate taught course can apply for the scholarship using the Application Form downloadable from the official website (link to it is below).
After the application form has been downloaded and filled, it should be returned (by post, fax or email) to:
Marketing and Advancement
Leicestershire LE11 3TU, UK
Fax: +44 (0)1509 223971
Scholarship application will NOT be considered unless the applicant is holding an offer or a place at the time of submission (this offer may be conditional or unconditional). Please do not submit your scholarship application until you have received your offer letter.
Please visit the official website (link to it is below) to access the Application Form and also for complete information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Deadline for Application:
This is an annual scholarship award and the deadline for applications is usually 30th April of every year.
Applications will be initially shortlisted and the final decision on the awards will be made by a selection panel of senior staff of the University. The selection panel will use the set of ‘Eligibility criteria’ listed above when assessing applications.
Applicants are advised to spend considerable effort ensuring that this application reaches the selectors in a form that is clear, well presented and which reflects your abilities and motivation. You must first apply for admissions to your chosen postgraduate taught programme before applying to this scholarship.
The final closing date for applications is as shown above/below, and applicants must not apply late. A confirmation email will be sent when your application has been received. All those applying will be notified of the outcome of their application by email by the end of May at the latest.
Official Scholarship Website:
Courtesy – Nigerian Scholars Team
See more updates from:
- Study in USA: 2018 Southern New Hampshire University Merit Scholarships - 20 hours ago
- Study in China: 2018 Wuhan University Scholarships for International and Chinese Law - 20 hours ago
- Study in Japan: 2018 Daiohs Memorial Foundation Scholarships at University of Tokyo – Japan - 20 hours ago
- Study in China: 2018 Henan Provincial Government Scholarship (Fully Funded) - 2 days ago
- Study in UK: 2018 African Excellence Scholarships (Full Tuition) at University of Glasgow - 2 days ago
- Study in UK: University Of Strathclyde Scholarship for Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences - 2 days ago
- Learn Web and Android Programming: Google/Udacity Africa Scholarship Program 2018 - 4 days ago