- Magnetic fields can be pictorially represented by magnetic field lines, the properties of which are as follows:
- The field is tangent to the magnetic field line.
- Field strength is proportional to the line density.
- Field lines cannot cross.
- Field lines are continuous loops.
the representation of magnetic forces
another term for magnetic field
magnetic field lines
the pictorial representation of the strength and the direction of a magnetic field
direction of magnetic field lines
the direction that the north end of a compass needle points