JAMB 2018 UTME: Candidates Experience Connectivity and Software Issues
As is well known, the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) commenced the 2018 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examinations (UTME) on the 9th of March. Many candidates have testified that their examinations were good and hitch-free.
However, some complaints, prominent among which were poor network connection and software issues, as well as, unfamiliarity with computer by some candidates were made.
Most of these happened as parents and guardians repeated their calls for the licensing of more Computer-Based Test (CBT) centres.
According to media reports, many centres in Lagos State were well coordinated. Nevertheless, the connectivity challenge and power failure, which were recorded in last year’s examination still repeated themselves, though on a low scale.
Some parents, who went with their children to the centres admitted that there was a great improvement in the exercise, when compared with previous editions. For instance, many centres started on time and the general atmosphere was orderly and the conduct peaceful.
However, there were centres where some candidates complained that their computer sets, were tripping off, thereby affecting the pace of their examination.
The JAMB Registrar, Prof Is-haq Oloyede, had earlier warned parents to steer clear of examination centres. But a few parents stated that they had to wait for their wards because of the unnecessary charges. In some centres, candidates are being charged as high as N500 for officials to take care of their belongings outside the exam hall.
More reports to come soon.
See more updates from:
- JAMB Cut-Off Marks For All Nigerian Universities and Polytechnics - 44 mins ago
- JAMB 2018 UTME: What This Year’s Official JAMB Cut Off Mark Might Be - 18 hours ago
- UNILAG Cut Off Mark for Mass Communication – UTME and Departmental Cut Off - 18 hours ago
- More 2018 JAMB Results Have Been Released – See How to Check Your Results - 24 hours ago
- UNILORIN Admission Into 2018 Sandwich Programmes For Contact Session Announced - 24 hours ago
- UNILORIN First Harmattan Semester Continuous Assessment Time-table For 100 and 200 Level - 24 hours ago
- ABU Orientation Schedule For Fresh Students – 2017/2018 Academic Session - 1 day ago