FUNAAB Collection of Application Form for Change of Course Begins
The authorities of the Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta, Ogun State (FUNAAB) wishes to inform all Students who have been advised to withdraw from their current Departments and Students who want to voluntarily change their Departments to visit the Senate and Admissions Unit to obtain a Placement Form.
These categories of students are expected to:
- Pay Five Hundred Naira (N500) only at the University Microfinance Bank;
- Convert their tellers to receipts at their respective Colleges
iii. Use the receipt to obtain an application form at the Senate and Admissions office.
The deadline for payment and collection of the form is Friday, 19th December, 2014
The Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta, Ogun State (FUNAAB) was established on January 1, 1988 by the Federal Government when four Universities of Technology, earlier merged in 1984, were demerged. This led to the creation of the first two Universities of Agriculture in Abeokuta and Makurdi.
On the same date, Professor Nurudeen Olorun-Nimbe Adedipe was appointed the pioneer Vice-Chancellor of the University. Professor Adedipe officially assumed duty on January 28, 1988. For many years the date which Professor Adedipe assumed duty was wrongly adopted as the foundation day of the University. Following a revisit to the instrument setting up the University, a Council decision at its 53rd Statutory meeting in June 2010 reverted the foundation date to January 1st 1988 as prescribed by the law which established the University.
Prior to the emergence of UNAAB, the Federal Government had established the Federal University ofTechnology, Abeokuta (FUTAB) in 1983. Then, in 1984, it was merged with the University of Lagos and had its name changed to the College of Science and Technology, Abeokuta (COSTAB), before the demerger of January, 1988.
The University started off from the old Campus of Abeokuta Grammar School, Isale-Igbein near the city centre. It completed its movement to its Permanent Site along Alabata Road in 1997, in what has been termed the fastest pace of Permanent Site development in the history of Nigerian University System.
See more updates from:
- UNIMAID NYSC Pre-Mobilization List for 2018 Batch A - 20 hours ago
- UNN Postgraduate Admission List Released for 2017/2018 (Batch B Added) - 20 hours ago
- FUTO Notice to 2017/2018 New Redistributed SMAT Students - 21 hours ago
- UNN Postgraduate Screening CBT Schedule (Supplementary III) for 2017/2018 - 21 hours ago
- UNIPORT Notice to 2017/2018 Newly Admitted Students on Orientation and Matriculation - 21 hours ago
- FUAM Sandwich Admission Details For 2017/2018 Contact Session - 2 days ago
- IAUE NYSC Mobilization List for Batch A, 2018 Senate Approved - 2 days ago