Fujian Government 2015-2016 Scholarships for International Students
Studying in China:
1. Is the cost of living in China too high?
Although prices in China are rising, the cost of living here is still favorable compared with most developed countries. You will be amazed by how comfortably you can live and how strong your purchasing power is. Compared to developed countries, the cost of living and studying in China is relatively low. Accommodation in Beijing is roughly RMB 2000-3000 yuan per month. An average meal costs around 30-50 yuan. The subway has a flat rate of 2 yuan and buses within the city are even cheaper. Smaller cities and those in China’s central and western regions are particularly inexpensive.
2. How can I deal with the accommodation after arriving in China if I don’t speak Chinese?
Applications for accommodation should be made to the universities before coming to China.
There are many kinds of dormitories in universities, and the prices differ from each other due to the furniture and facilities. International students should apply before arriving in China. If you want to come with your families, you should consult the university in advance. Otherwise, you should take care of the accommodation by yourself.
Students can live off-campus with the permission of the university, but should register at the local public security office within 24 hours upon arrival.
3. Can I take a part-time job while studying at college?
Tuition fee is generally paid on year basis. According to relevant Chinese laws, international students studying in China are forbidden to be employed, and work-study opportunity is relatively small. So self-financed international students should make the financial preparation before arriving in China.
About the Fujian Government 2015-2016 Scholarships in China:
You are invited to aapply for the Fujian Government 2015-2016 Scholarships for International Students in China. The government of Fujian Province has established the Fujian Government Scholarship for International Students (hereinafter referred to as FGS) in accordance with the Guidance for the Medium and Long-Term Educational Reform and Development in Fujian Province (2010-2020), in effort to further promote the development and make progress on scale, level and service ability of the international students’ education of Fujian Province, and attract more academically excellent international students to study in Fujian.
Criteria for Eligibility:
• Applicants should be non-Chinese citizens and be in good health.
• Education background and age limit
• Applicants for Governor Special Scholarship Program must recommend by our Provincial partnership cities and be under the age of 50.
• Applicants for International Liaison of Provincial partnership cities study in Fujian program must recommend by our Provincial partnership cities and be under the age of 50.
• Applicants for International Liaison of Provincial partnership cities trainees program and are under the age of 50.
• Applicants for Independent recruitment program by Fujian universities includes:
• Applicants for undergraduate program or long term language must have senior high school diploma and are under the age of 30.
• Applicants for master’s degree programs must have a bachelor’s degree and be under the age of 35.
• Applicants for general scholar program must have bachelor’s degree or completed at least two years of undergraduate studies and be under the age of 50.
• Applicants for doctoral degree programs must have a master’s degree and be under the age of 40.
• Applicants for senior scholar program must have master’s degree or above or hold academic title of associate professor or above and be under the age of 50.
• Applicants should meet the language requirements of the higher education institutions.
• Applicants should not be awardees of Chinese government scholarships at the same time.
International students (Non-Chinese citizens) can apply for these Fujian Government scholarships.
Fields of Study:
Eligible Countries/Target Groups:
Non-Chinese Citizens (International Students)
Value of Scholarship/Inclusions:
The scholarship is divided into the following categories and is granted to the relevant institutions that accept international students:
• Governor Special Scholarship Program: 60,000 RMB/person/year
• International Liaison of Provincial partnership cities study in Fujian program: 30000 RMB/person/year
• International Liaison of Provincial partnership cities trainees program
• Non-academic language students: 30,000 RMB/person/year, granted to the student for one academic year
• Short-term program trainees: 5,000 RMB/person/month, granted to the student for individual study period
• Independent recruitment program by Fujian universities:
Undergraduate program or long term language students: scholarship is granted to the students pursuing a bachelor’s degree for 3 academic years and students pursuing a bachelor’s degree for 4 years of 30,000 RMB/person/year
• Master’s degree or general scholar students: scholarship is granted to the student for 2 to 3 academic years with the standard of RMB 40,000 per year.
• Doctoral degree or senior scholar students: scholarship is granted to the student for 3 to 4 academic years with the standard of RMB50,000 per year.
Applicants should hand in applications within written forms or apply online from January to April each year. The applicants must fill in and submit the following documents truly, correctly and completely:
• Application Form for Fujian Government Scholarship
• Highest diploma (notarized photocopy): Applicants shall also provide proof of studying on application.
• Original and photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form printed by Chinese quarantine authority for students who apply to study more than 6 months or above.
• A study plan (400 words or above) or research plan (800 words or above)
• Applicants for music and art are requested to submit the applicants’ own works
• Students under age 18 should submit relevant legal documents from their guardians
• Application documents will not be returned.
Deadline for Application:
Applicants should hand in applications within written forms or apply online from January to April each year.
Official Scholarship Website:
For more information, visit –
See more updates from:
- Study in USA: 2018 Southern New Hampshire University Merit Scholarships - 22 hours ago
- Study in China: 2018 Wuhan University Scholarships for International and Chinese Law - 22 hours ago
- Study in Japan: 2018 Daiohs Memorial Foundation Scholarships at University of Tokyo – Japan - 22 hours ago
- Study in China: 2018 Henan Provincial Government Scholarship (Fully Funded) - 2 days ago
- Study in UK: 2018 African Excellence Scholarships (Full Tuition) at University of Glasgow - 2 days ago
- Study in UK: University Of Strathclyde Scholarship for Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences - 2 days ago
- Learn Web and Android Programming: Google/Udacity Africa Scholarship Program 2018 - 4 days ago