EKSU Wins 1st Collegiate Taekwondo Championship
Ekiti State University (EKSU) was able to record a golden outing in sports as the institution emerged winner in the just concluded 1st National Collegiate Taekwondo Championship hosted by Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife between Thursday, 30th April, and Sunday, May 3, 2015.
The championship which was organized for all tertiary institutions in the country, thirty institutions participated in the championship including UNIBEN, Bayero University, Kano, University of Lagos (UNILAG), Cross Rivers State University, Rufus Giwa Polytechnic, Nuhu Bomali Polytechnic, Kwara Polytechnic, Benue State University, Obafemi University, Iree Polytechnic, Osun State and others.
Ekiti State University presented Twelve Athletes comprising ten men and two women: At the end of the competition, Omobola Ajayi of Economics Department of EKSU won a Gold medal for EKSU in the light heavy weight category. Other athletes representing Ekiti State University also reached the quarter finals and Semi Finals stages.
The hint for creation of the University came during 1979 Nigeria general elections, when a gubernatorial candidate for Ondo State, Chief M. A. Ajasin made the university creation one of his campaign promises.
In March, 1981, Chief Ajasin as the Governor of Ondo State, announced the establishment a multi-campus university at the launching of 4th National Development Plan and constituted a 17-member Consultative Committee to work on the University blueprint namely: Professor O. O. Akinkugbe (Chairman), Prof. A. Adaralegbe, Prof. O. S. Adegoke, Prof. A. A. Ademosun, Prof. Z. A. Ademuwagun, Dr. N. F. Aina, Prof. J. F. Ade Ajayi, Mrs. Julia Akintoye, Prof. S. A. Aluko, Prof. M. A. Bankole, Chief R. F. Fasoranti, Prof. D. A. Ijalaye, Prof. J. A. Majasan, Prof. E. F. Ojo Prof. S. A. Ola and Prof. I. O. Oladapo (Members) and Mr. R. A. Faba (Secretary).
The terms of reference of the committee were as follows:
- To examine the multi-campus system of university education and recommend the programme that should be followed by the Ondo State Government in achieving its objectives, taking into account the scarce resources (financial and material) of the State;
- To recommend the disciplines to be pursued and the locations of such disciplines;
- To recommend the organizational structure of the academic and administrative components of the proposed university, as well as the relationships between the main campus and the constituent colleges;
- To examine the financial implications of (ii) above;
- To suggest sources of funding the university in addition to Government’s subvention’
- To advise on the procedure for appointing the principal officers of various colleges as appropriate and to plan the working details of each colleges and
- To make such other recommendations as the committee shall deem fit.
See more updates from:
- UNIMAID NYSC Pre-Mobilization List for 2018 Batch A - 18 hours ago
- UNN Postgraduate Admission List Released for 2017/2018 (Batch B Added) - 18 hours ago
- FUTO Notice to 2017/2018 New Redistributed SMAT Students - 19 hours ago
- UNN Postgraduate Screening CBT Schedule (Supplementary III) for 2017/2018 - 19 hours ago
- UNIPORT Notice to 2017/2018 Newly Admitted Students on Orientation and Matriculation - 19 hours ago
- FUAM Sandwich Admission Details For 2017/2018 Contact Session - 2 days ago
- IAUE NYSC Mobilization List for Batch A, 2018 Senate Approved - 2 days ago