Deadline Approaching: 2018 African Students MasterCard Foundation Scholars Programme at University of Edinburgh, UK
Applications are currently ongoing for the 2018 African Students MasterCard Foundation Scholars Programme at University of Edinburgh, UK. In fact, the application deadline is fast approaching. Interested students should see the details below.
The University of Edinburgh, founded in 1582, is the sixth oldest university in the English-speaking world and one of Scotland’s ancient universities. Mastercard Foundation is an independent global foundation which states it “advances youth learning and promotes financial inclusion to catalyze prosperity in developing countries.”
The University of Edinburgh MasterCard Foundation Scholars Programme is offering the mastercard scholarships to African students who wants to pursue a bachelors and masters degree in the institution.
The scholarship will provide full scholarships, including accommodation costs, living costs, travel and tuition fees to students taking courses on campus at Edinburgh.
This scholarship is provided to give African scholars the opportunity to become leaders to their communities and improve the lives of people when they get back home [Africa].
Application Deadline: 30th November 2017.
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: African countries
Host Country: Scotland, UK
Eligible Field Of Study:
- All Undergraduate programmes
Scholarships are available for the following Postgraduate Masters programmes:
- MSc Africa and International Development
- MSc Environment and Development
- MSc Global Health Policy
- LLM Human Rights
- MA Product Design
- MSc Sustainable Energy Systems
Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible for this scholarship, applicants must:
- Be Africans.
- Qualify academically for admission to the University of Edinburgh. We prefer that applicants apply to this scholarship BEFORE applying to the University.
- Be able to demonstrate leadership and service skills to the community.
- Must also be committed to returning to Africa following their graduation to give back to their home community and country.
- be able to demonstrate financial needs.
Number of Awardees:
- 25 scholarships are available in 2018/2019 for undergraduate programmes
- 10 scholarships are available in 2018/2019 for Masters programmes
How to Apply for the Scholarship
See more updates from:
- Learn Web and Android Programming: Google/Udacity Africa Scholarship Program 2018 - 16 hours ago
- Study in Germany: 2018 100% Bucerius Global Scholarships for International Students - 18 hours ago
- Apply for the 2019 Africa Prize for Engineering Innovation in Sub-Saharan Africa - 18 hours ago
- Study in UK: 2018 Developing Solutions Masters Scholarships for African and Commonwealth Countries - 1 day ago
- Study in UK: 2018 Bangor University Merit Scholarships for International Students - 1 day ago
- Study in UK: 2018 Bangor University Commonwealth Shared Scholarships for African Students - 1 day ago
- Study In Germany: 2018 University of Bonn ZEF’s Doctoral Scholarship Programme - 1 day ago