2014/2015 Bilateral Educational Agreement (BEA) Scholarship Award
The Honourable Minister of Education, Chief (Barr.) Ezenwo Nyesom Wike, is hereby inviting interested and qualified Nigerians to participate in the 2014/2015 Nomination Interview for Bilateral Education Agreement (BEA) Scholarship Awards for:
i) Undergraduate(UG) studies tenable in Russia, Cuba, Morocco, Algeria, Romania, Ukraine, Turkey, Egypt, Japan, Serbia, Macedonia
ii) Postgraduate (PG) studies tenable in Russia, China, Turkey, Japan, Serbia, Mexico, e.t.c.
FIELDS OF STUDY
- Undergraduate level – Medicine, Engineering, Geology, Agriculture, Sciences, Mathematics,Languages, Environmental Sciences, Sports, Law, Social Sciences, etc
- Postgraduate level (Masters Degree and Ph.D) in all fields
CRITERIA FOR ELIGIBILITY
A. UNDERGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIPS:
All applicants for undergraduate degree courses must possess a minimum qualification of Five (5) Distinctions (As & Bs) in the Senior Secoundary School Certificate, WAEC or NECO (May/June) only in the subjects relevant to their fields of study including English Language and Mathematics. Certificates should not be more than Two (2) years old (2012 or 2013). Age limit is 22 years.
B. POSTGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIPS:
All applicants must hold a First Degree with at least 2nd Class Upper Division. The applicants who are previous recipients of Foreign Awards must have completed at least two (2) years post qualification or employment practice in Nigeria. A knowledge of the Foreign language of the donor country is desired particularly for those applying for Russian Award. All applicants must have completed N.Y.S.C. Age limit is 35 years for Masters and 40 years for Ph.D.
NOTE (For all Applicants): Knowledge of the language of the country of choice is an added advantage.
VENUE OF INTERVIEW:
All eligible applicants are to report for interview at the venues scheduled for their respective zones of origin.Two sets of completed application forms should be submitted at the various interview centres with the following attachments:
i. Two authenticated photocopies of educational certificates and testimonial
ii. Only one certificate will be accepted ie WAECO or NECO ( May/June) only
iii. Statement of results must be confirmed by WAEC or NECO and forwarded to the Director/ Secretary, Federal Scholarship Board, Abuja.
iv. Two copies of Birth certificate.
v. State of origin certificate duly signed, stamped and dated.
vi. Eight (8) passport sized coloured photographs on white background
vii. Data page of current International Passport. and
viii. Academic transcripts and NYSC certificates will be required from applicants for postgraduate studies
2014/2014 BEA Interview Venues and Dates From March 24th To 28th March, 2014
|S/N||Zone/Venue||MondayMarch 24th||TuesdayMarch 25th||WednesdayMarch 26th||ThursdayMarch 27th||FridayMarch 28th|
|1||North West/ FGC Sokoto||Kano & Kaduna State||Kebbi & Jigawa State||Zamfara & Katsina State||Sokoto State||Collation of Result|
|2||North East/Gombe||Borno & Yobe State||Adamawa & Taraba State||Bauchi State||Gombe State||Collation of Result|
|3||North Central/FGC Minna||Benue & Kogi State||Plateau State & FCT||Kwara & Nasarawa State||Niger State||Collation of Result|
|4||South West/Osun||Lagos & Ondo State||Oyo & Ekiti State||Ogun State||Osun State||Collation of Result|
|5||South South/FGGC Benin||Delta State||Cross River & Bayelsa State||Akwa-Ibom & Rivers State||Edo State||Collation of Result|
|6||South East/FGGC Umuahia||Enugu & Ebonyi State||Imo State||Anambra State||Abia State||Collation of Result|
Original documents should be presented at the interview venues for sighting.
2014/2015 BEA Interview Venues and Dates from March 24th to 28th March 2014.
Applicants are strongly advised to attend the interview at their zones of origin.
NB: Candidates nominated and finally selected by the awarding BEA countries will be required to submit to Federal Scholarship Board the following:
i) Authenticated copies of academic certificates
ii) Medical certificate of Fitness including HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis, Hepatitis B free certificates and chest x-ray from a Teaching Hospital, General Hospital or National Hospital, Abuja.
OR, any Hospital as designated by the awarding country.
iii) Police clearance certificate with finger prints ( on request)
TIME : 9.00 A.M DAILY
DR. MACJOHN NWAOBIALA
FEDERAL MINISTRY OF EDUCATION
Some of the BEA countries at present include the following; Russia, China, Morocco, Turkey, Algeria, Romania, Serbia, Japan, Ukraine, Cuba, Greece, Czech Republic, Syria, Macedonia, Mexico, Egypt, Tunisia etc.
These countries are responsible for the tuition and accommodation, while Nigeria government takes care of the following;
- $500 monthly for supplementation
- $250 yearly for warm clothing
- $200 yearly for Health Insurance
- $500 yearly for medical scholars only
- $1000 for PG research grant yearly were applicable
- N100,000 – Take off for PG scholars were applicable
- N60,000 – Take off for UG scholars were applicabl
Courtesy – Nigerian Scholars Team
See more updates from:
- Study in USA: 2018 Southern New Hampshire University Merit Scholarships - 20 hours ago
- Study in China: 2018 Wuhan University Scholarships for International and Chinese Law - 20 hours ago
- Study in Japan: 2018 Daiohs Memorial Foundation Scholarships at University of Tokyo – Japan - 20 hours ago
- Study in China: 2018 Henan Provincial Government Scholarship (Fully Funded) - 2 days ago
- Study in UK: 2018 African Excellence Scholarships (Full Tuition) at University of Glasgow - 2 days ago
- Study in UK: University Of Strathclyde Scholarship for Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences - 2 days ago
- Learn Web and Android Programming: Google/Udacity Africa Scholarship Program 2018 - 4 days ago