Call for Poster Proposals: Apply for the 2018 Going Global Conference in Malaysia
Applications are currently ongoing for the Call for Poster Proposals for Going Global Conference (Funded to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia). Interested students should see the details below.
Scholarship Details and FAQs
Going Global 2017 invites you to submit a poster proposal. Presenting a poster is a fantastic opportunity to network and engage delegates in discussion around the theme of your poster.
When is the application deadline?
12th January 2018
In which host country will I be studying?
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
What is the scholarship about?
Going Global provides an open forum for world education leaders – those in the non-compulsory education sector with decision making responsibilities – to debate issues surrounding global higher and further education, and to discuss collaborative solutions.
We are therefore seeking innovative, agenda-setting poster proposals to be displayed at the conference to discuss with delegates.
Successful poster presentation proposals will be invited to display for the duration of the conference. Poster presenters will have the opportunity to present their poster in front of conference delegates. Presenting a poster is a fantastic opportunity to network and engage delegates in discussion around the theme of your poster.
How do I know if I’m eligible for the scholarship?
To be successful, proposals should engage with the conference theme Global cities: connecting talent, driving change.
Ahead of producing and submitting a proposal, please ensure that you have read and understood the assessment criteria, against which all proposals will be assessed:
- Relevance to world leaders of international education: Please consider that Going Global delegates are sector leaders including Ministers, policy makers and Vice-Chancellors
- Innovative engagement the theme: The proposal addresses this year’s theme: Global cities: connecting talent, driving change
- Launching new research: If you have new research to launch at Going Global, it should be theoretically and methodologically rigorous, globally relevant, make a genuine contribution to knowledge and have high impact potential. The Steering Committee will ask to see timelines and methodology if the proposal is scored highly.
- Originality: The proposal will offer new, innovative ideas.
- Forward looking: The proposal will identify trends and make recommendations.
- Tension: The proposal will create a critical debate or tension with which the audience can engage
- Non-advertisement: The proposal must not be a direct advertisement of an institution, product, service or other self-interested category
- All proposals undergo a rigorous peer review process, based on the above assessment criteria. The quality of submissions for Going Global is extremely high – last year 400 proposals were submitted with less than 50% getting through the selection process.
- If selected, we may ask you to change the focus of your proposal slightly to fit in with the overall conference themes.
- Once the committee have peer reviewed the proposals they will adopt a holistic perspective to develop a thematically coherent conference programme that offers delegates diverse global perspectives.
- Decisions of the committee are final.
Value of Program
- Successful poster presentation proposals will be invited to display for the duration of the conference. Poster presenters will have the opportunity to present their poster in front of conference delegates. Presenting a poster is a fantastic opportunity to network and engage delegates in discussion around the theme of your poster.
- Speakers and Poster presenters are required to purchase a conference pass at the contributor rate by Friday 24 March 2017;
- Speakers and poster presenters are expected to cover their own registration fees, travel and other costs associated with attending the conference in London.
How long will the scholarship last?
Two conference days (2 to 4 May 2018) as determined at the time of scheduling;
How to Apply for the Scholarship
It is important to go through the GG17 Guidelines on submitting a proposal before applying.
See more updates from:
- Learn Web and Android Programming: Google/Udacity Africa Scholarship Program 2018 - 16 hours ago
- Study in Germany: 2018 100% Bucerius Global Scholarships for International Students - 18 hours ago
- Apply for the 2019 Africa Prize for Engineering Innovation in Sub-Saharan Africa - 18 hours ago
- Study in UK: 2018 Developing Solutions Masters Scholarships for African and Commonwealth Countries - 1 day ago
- Study in UK: 2018 Bangor University Merit Scholarships for International Students - 1 day ago
- Study in UK: 2018 Bangor University Commonwealth Shared Scholarships for African Students - 1 day ago
- Study In Germany: 2018 University of Bonn ZEF’s Doctoral Scholarship Programme - 1 day ago