Australian Postgraduate Scholarships Awarded to 18 Nigerians
Eighteen Nigerians are among the 200 Africans selected for the 2015 Australia Awards Scholarship initiative.
The beneficiaries from 23 African countries are to undergo Master’s and doctoral degree programmes at Australian universities from next January.
A statement from the Australian High Commissioner to Nigeria, Ambassador Jonathan Richardson, said that already a workshop to prepare the Nigerian beneficiaries for the journey had taken place in Abuja.
He said, “The Australian Government wants to see highly educated, and talented professionals contributing to the development of Nigeria and beyond. The Australia awards provide the training and skills necessary to make this a reality and I want to wish every recipient travelling to Australia the best of luck in their studies.”
According to Richardson, the programme offers training opportunities in agriculture and food security, mining and natural resource management, and public policy.
He added that the recipients would use their skills and knowledge to contribute to their countries’ development at the completion of their studies.
He noted that alumni of the programme had made significant contributions in agriculture, natural resource management, health, and public policy.
Meanwhile, the commission has said applications for the 2016 scholarship programme opened on September 1, 2014.
See more updates from:
- JAMB 2018 UTME: What This Year’s Official JAMB Cut Off Mark Might Be - 10 hours ago
- UNILAG Cut Off Mark for Mass Communication – UTME and Departmental Cut Off - 10 hours ago
- More 2018 JAMB Results Have Been Released – See How to Check Your Results - 16 hours ago
- UNILORIN Admission Into 2018 Sandwich Programmes For Contact Session Announced - 16 hours ago
- UNILORIN First Harmattan Semester Continuous Assessment Time-table For 100 and 200 Level - 16 hours ago
- ABU Orientation Schedule For Fresh Students – 2017/2018 Academic Session - 16 hours ago
- Ajayi Crowther University Notice to Students on Easter Break and Mid-Semester Exams - 16 hours ago