Apply for the 2018 BBC World International Radio Playwriting Competition – See Details
Applications are currently ongoing for the BBC World International Radio Playwriting Competition, UK – for 2018 Session. Interested students should see the details below. Scholarship Details and FAQs Would you like to win £2,200 sterling, a trip to London and have your play broadcast across the world on BBC World Service? If so, the 2018 ... Continue Reading
Applications are currently ongoing for the BBC World International Radio Playwriting Competition, UK – for 2018 Session. Interested students should see the details below.
Scholarship Details and FAQs
Would you like to win £2,200 sterling, a trip to London and have your play broadcast across the world on BBC World Service? If so, the 2018 International Radio Playwriting Competition is now open to entries!
The global competition, hosted by BBC World Service and the British Council, in partnership with co-producers The Open University, offers the unique opportunity for playwrights to use the medium of radio drama to reach an international audience.
When is the application deadline?:
21st January 2018
In which host country?
What is the course level?
Number & What are the benefits of the scholarship?s
- There are three prizes to be won.
- Two first prizes –
for the best radio plays by writers with either English as their first language or English as their second language. Both winners’ plays will be broadcast on BBC World Service.
- In addition, there’s the Georgi Markov prize –
for the most promising script, this prize gives the winner a chance to come to London for two weeks and work alongside BBC Radio Drama and with BBC World Service journalists.
How do I know if I’m eligible for the scholarship?
Anyone aged 18 or over and living outside the UK – whether you’re an established writer, completely new or anywhere in between.
How to Apply for the Scholarship
Interested applicants will have to send the following:
- A script for a 53 minute radio play with up to 6 central characters – we are unable to return these, so make sure you keep a copy
- A synopsis which outlines your play is no longer than 400 words
- A completed entry form (here), attached to your play and synopsis.
Or you can complete and submit your entry online (here) by uploading your play and synopsis along with your personal details.
See more updates from:
- JAMB Subject Combinations for all Courses in Nigerian Universities - 19146 views
- WAEC GCE 2018 Jan/Feb Examination Timetable Released - 2732 views
- BUK Direct Entry Admission List Released – 2017/2018 - 2250 views
- Fed Poly Nasarawa 1st Batch Admission List Released On School Portal – 2017/2018 - 2172 views
- Fed Poly Nasarawa 2nd Batch Admission List Released – 2017/2018 - 1723 views