2018 US Government Fulbright Teaching Excellence and Achievement (TEA) Program
Applications are currently ongoing for the US Government Fulbright Teaching Excellence and Achievement (TEA) Program for International Teachers for 2018 Session. Interested students should see the details below.
Scholarship Details and FAQs
The Teaching Excellence and Achievement (TEA) program provides international teachers with an opportunity to enhance their teaching skills and increase their knowledge about the United States.
When is the application deadline?
Each country sets its own application deadlines. Please inquire from the US Embassy or Fulbright commission in your country or territory for deadline information.
Is the scholarship offered annually?
See list of countries below.
In which host country will I be studying?
The Fulbright Teaching Excellence and Achievement Program (Fulbright TEA) brings international teachers to the United States for a six-week program that offers academic seminars for professional development at a host university. Participants observe classrooms and share their expertise with teachers and students at the host university and at local secondary schools.
What is the course level?
How do I know if I’m eligible for the scholarship?
Details for this program may vary by country. In general, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Current secondary school-level,* full-time teacher in an institution serving primarily a local population;
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent;
- Five or more years of classroom experience as a teacher of English, English as a foreign language (EFL), mathematics, science, or social studies, including special education teachers in those subject areas;
- Proficient in written and spoken English with a TOEFL score of 450 on the paper-based TOEFL or an equivalent English-language examination;**
- Demonstrated commitment to continue teaching after completion of the program; and
- A complete application.
*Secondary-level teachers include both middle and high school teachers working with students between approximately 12 and 18 years of age. Teachers responsible for teaching additional grade levels must teach middle school or high school students more than 50% of their work time in order to be eligible for the program.
**A limited number of participants with TOEFL scores between 425 and 450, or equivalent, will be accepted for the program in a special cohort that will include additional English-language training as part of the professional development program.
Number of Awardees
What are the benefits of the scholarship?
The Teaching Excellence and Achievement Program is fully funded pending availability of funds.
How long will the scholarship last? of Scholarship
Algeria, Argentina, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Belarus, Bolivia, Burkina Faso, Burma, Cambodia, Cameroon, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cote d’Ivoire, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Estonia, Georgia, Ghana, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, India, Iraq, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Latvia, Lebanon, Lithuania, Malawi, Mali, Moldova, Mongolia, Mozambique, Nepal, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Panama, Peru, Russia, Rwanda, Senegal, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Tajikistan, Thailand, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, Uruguay, Venezuela, Vietnam, West Bank/Gaza, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
How to Apply for the Scholarship
See more updates from:
- Study in USA: 2018 Southern New Hampshire University Merit Scholarships - 1 day ago
- Study in China: 2018 Wuhan University Scholarships for International and Chinese Law - 1 day ago
- Study in Japan: 2018 Daiohs Memorial Foundation Scholarships at University of Tokyo – Japan - 1 day ago
- Study in China: 2018 Henan Provincial Government Scholarship (Fully Funded) - 2 days ago
- Study in UK: 2018 African Excellence Scholarships (Full Tuition) at University of Glasgow - 2 days ago
- Study in UK: University Of Strathclyde Scholarship for Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences - 2 days ago
- Learn Web and Android Programming: Google/Udacity Africa Scholarship Program 2018 - 4 days ago