2018 Nestle Nutrition Postgraduate Fellowship Program for Young Professionals in Developing Countries
Applications are currently ongoing for the Nestle Nutrition Postgraduate Fellowship Program for Young Professionals in Developing Countries. Interested students should see the details below. Scholarship Details and FAQs The Nestle Nutrition Institute Fellowship Program is offering Young professionals in healthcare the opportunity to study Nutrition and Maternal and/or Child Health in leading institutions. When is ... Continue Reading
Applications are currently ongoing for the Nestle Nutrition Postgraduate Fellowship Program for Young Professionals in Developing Countries. Interested students should see the details below.
Scholarship Details and FAQs
The Nestle Nutrition Institute Fellowship Program is offering Young professionals in healthcare the opportunity to study Nutrition and Maternal and/or Child Health in leading institutions.
When is the application deadline?
1st March 2018.
Is the scholarship offered annually?
Which countries are eligible for the scholarship?
In which host country will I be studying?
Any scientific institution offering a program in the fields of Maternal and/or Child Health and Nutrition
Eligible Field of Study
Maternal and/or Child Health, Nutrition and any related field(s)
The Fellowship offered by Nestle Nutrition Institute regularly offers young professionals from developing countries training in research skills and knowledge on Nutrition. Since 1981, more than five hundred (5oo) doctors and scientists have benefited from this fellowship and clinical grants in different ways, which have directly impacted the health sectors of Africa and other regions.
What is the course level?
How do I know if I’m eligible for the scholarship?
- Potential candidates should submit an application describing their interest in participating in the NNI Research training Fellowship.
- Priority consideration for this prestigious fellowship will be given to candidates in junior positions from emerging countries.
- The candidates’ history of previous or alternate grants will be taken into consideration.
- Candidates will be notified of their eligibility by letter.
- The application form must be accompanied by the following:
- Curriculum Vitae,
- A plan of the proposed training/activity clearly indicating its specific outcomes and
- Two letters of recommendation (1 from the institution where the candidate is working and 1 from the host institution*).
- Letter stating intent to return to the home country upon completion of the training program
- Details of their current level of training
- Fellowships are available for post graduate qualifications only
- Applicant has to be affiliated with an academic/clinical institution
- Successful candidates will be required to start their training within 1 year of being notified of the fellowship award
- How long will the scholarship last? of the support for the research training lasts for a maximum of 12 months
- Upon certification, fellowship awardees must return to their home countries.
The Panel will not accept applications, which are submitted by:
- Candidates who have already spent more than 12 months outside their home country during the 3 years preceding the application. Exceptions could be made if the applicant can justify how this additional training will supplement the one(s) already obtained
- Candidates who have already left their country at the time of applying for the fellowship
- Candidates who have completed more than one half of any training programme they may already be enrolled in
- Candidates who, at the time of submitting their application, already have a grant from any other training program
- Applications will not be entertained if the applicant’s home country law prohibits the nature of this activity.
Number of Awardees:
What are the benefits of the scholarship?
The grant includes learning a specific laboratory technique, statistics, nutrition, etc. The NNI grant up to 40’000 CHF can be used to pay course registration fees, round trip travel to the host institution, lodging and living expenses and health insurance coverage for the duration of the course.The grant offer of 40’000 CHF is also given and can be used to pay course registration fees, round trip travel to the host institution, lodging and living expenses and health insurance coverage for the duration of the course.
How long will the scholarship last?
Maximum of twelve (12) months
How to Apply for the Scholarship
- Applications should be sent by email to NNI@nestle.com or by fax to + 41 21 924 2836.
- Applicants should plan to start their program not sooner than 3 months after the application deadline to give time for approval process and administrative arrangements with a host institution.
- Applicants are urged to submit only one application and for a single programme. If you have more than one project, decide which is your best option and submit that one.
- Applications without all documentation, including a letter of acceptance by the faculty at the hosting institution will not be considered.
See more updates from:
- JAMB Subject Combinations for all Courses in Nigerian Universities - 19140 views
- WAEC GCE 2018 Jan/Feb Examination Timetable Released - 2731 views
- BUK Direct Entry Admission List Released – 2017/2018 - 2250 views
- Fed Poly Nasarawa 1st Batch Admission List Released On School Portal – 2017/2018 - 2172 views
- Fed Poly Nasarawa 2nd Batch Admission List Released – 2017/2018 - 1723 views