Study in Canada: $15,000 OGS International Postgraduate Scholarships at York University
Application Deadline: December 1, 2017
Applications are currently ongoing for the $15,000 OGS International Scholarships at York University. Interested students should see the details below.
York University is a public research university in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. It is Canada’s third-largest university. York University has approximately 52,300 students, 7,000 faculty and staff, and 295,000 alumni worldwide. It has eleven faculties, including the Faculty of Liberal Arts & Professional Studies, Faculty of Science, Lassonde School of Engineering, Schulich School of Business, Osgoode Hall Law School, Glendon College, Faculty of Education, Faculty of Health, Faculty of Environmental Studies, Faculty of Graduate Studies, the School of the Arts, Media, Performance and Design (formerly the Faculty of Fine Arts), and 28 research centres.
York University participates in the Canadian Space Program and is home to Canada’s only space engineering program. The Faculty of Science and Lassonde School of Engineering are Canada’s primary research facility into Martian exploration, and have designed several space research instruments and applications currently used by NASA. York has pioneered several PhD programs in Canada, including women’s studies. The School of Social Work is recognized as having one of the most socially responsive programs in the country. York’s psychology program is the largest in North America. York University’s business school and law school have continuously and consistently been ranked among the top schools in Canada and the world.
The Ontario Province, in partnership with York University, Canada invites application for the Ontario Graduate Scholarship (OGS) which is awarded to international students who has interested in pursuing a degree program at York University.
The OGS program is jointly funded by the Province of Ontario and Ontario universities. The Province of Ontario contributes two-thirds of the value of the award and the university provides one-third.
- Applications for the master’s level of study: December 1, 2017
- Applications for the doctoral level of study – CIHR eligible field of research: September 29, 2017
- Applications for the doctoral level of study – NSERC eligible field of research: October 13, 2017
- Applications for the doctoral level of study – SSHRC eligible field of research: October 17, 2017
Eligible Countries: International
To Be Taken At (Country): York University, Canada
Type: Masters, PhD
Number Of Awards: Not specified
Value Of Scholarships: $15,000 per year for a one year maximum
Eligibility: To be eligible for this scholarship program, applicants must:
- be International students
- Be a Canadian citizen, Permanent Resident, or Protected Person [under subsection 95(2) of the Immigration and Refugee Protections Act (Canada)] at the time of the OGS application deadline date
- be a foreign student who is studying in Ontario under a temporary resident visa–student study permit, under the immigration and refugee protection act
- Be enrolled in an eligible postsecondary institution in Ontario (one offering graduate programs)
- Be taking an eligible program on a full time basis. An eligible program is defined as a full–time program of study of two or three terms at an eligible institution leading to a graduate degree. Eligible programs must be approved as eligible for funding by MTCU
- Have a minimum GPA of (A-)
How To Apply: Interested applicants should Please submit a complete application package to your proposed program of study. A complete package includes the following:
- Application Form (Part A and Part B) (.pdf)
- Two OGS Reference Assessment forms – to be completed by referees. Please use the applicable form below:
- Transcripts from all post-secondary studies