Study in UK With £8,000 Skoll MBA Scholarship Programme at Oxford University
Application Deadline: September 29, 2017
Applications are currently ongoing for the 2017/2018 £8,000 Skoll MBA Scholarship Programme at Oxford University. Interested students should see details below.
The University of Oxford (informally Oxford University or simply Oxford) is a collegiate research university located in Oxford, England. It has no known date of foundation, but there is evidence of teaching as far back as 1096, making it the oldest university in the English-speaking world and the world’s second-oldest university in continuous operation.
It grew rapidly from 1167 when Henry II banned English students from attending the University of Paris. After disputes between students and Oxford townsfolk in 1209, some academics fled north-east to Cambridge where they established what became the University of Cambridge. The two “ancient universities” are frequently jointly referred to as “Oxbridge”.
The university is made up of a variety of institutions, including 38 constituent colleges and a full range of academic departments which are organised into four divisions. All the colleges are self-governing institutions within the university, each controlling its own membership and with its own internal structure and activities.
Being a city university, it does not have a main campus; instead, its buildings and facilities are scattered throughout the city centre. Most undergraduate teaching at Oxford is organised around weekly tutorials at the colleges and halls, supported by classes, lectures and laboratory work provided by university faculties and departments.
The Skoll Scholarship
The Skoll Scholarship is a competitive scholarship for incoming MBA students including Nigerians to the University of Oxford.
The Scholarship provides £8,000 funding which is over 3million Naira and exclusive opportunities to meet with world-renowned entrepreneurs, thought-leaders and investors.
This scholarship is provided to applicants who have chosen to work in social ventures rather than the purely commercial or public sectors.
The MBA Application Deadline is as follows:
- Stage 1: 29 September 2017
- Stage 2: 05 January 2018
- Stage 3: 16 March 2018
- Stage 4: 11 May 2018
- Applicants must demonstrate some evidence of their need for the Scholarship.
- Applicants must have started and grown a social venture that has been running for at least 3 years by the time they apply for the MBA, OR they have been responsible for leading a major expansion of an existing social venture or programme within a venture for 3 years by the time they apply for the MBA.
- Applicants must possess entrepreneurial leadership
- Applicants must be willing to take personal, and sometimes financial risks
- Applicants must be single-minded and persistent in pursuit of a social/economic benefit goal.
- Applicants must have the tendency to explore the environment for opportunities and resources.
How to Apply
- Applicants should connect with Skoll scholarship in order to register their interest in the Scholarship and make sure they are kept up to date with announcements about upcoming deadlines.
- Applicants should visit this link to apply
To learn more about what is expected under each entry requirement, please visit the application requirements page