UNICAL Last Senate Council’s Meeting; See Resolutions Concluded
The Resolutions reached by the University Of Calabar, Calabar (UNICAL) Senate Council in her last senate meeting.
A Memo signed by the School authority has been sent to all the HODs .
Below are SOME of the Resolutions;
1. From now henceforth there will be nothing like Part Payment of School Charges. This means you must pay your School Charges 100% no more 60% First Semester and 40% Second Semester (No More Installments).
2. All Departments, Faculties and Colleges dues will be done in the Bank ( i.e Faculty Handbook, Dues, Department Dues, Department Registration Charges and Handbook, Course Registrations, Carry Over Courses Re-registration, Department Defense etc). No student is entitled to make payment to anybody whatsoever, if you do by mistake or intentionally you must surely face the repercussion, meaning no proof of your payment no exams. Go and verify which bank your Department is to pay to.
3. There is nothing like ‘E’ again as a score in Unical. From now now it will be A, B, C, D, and F (0 – 44 = F). Reasons being that some Departments would have lost accreditation including your Department in the just concluded accreditation exercises by the NUC Accreditation Teams in December because they were still grading students with ‘E’ as Pass.
4. All results will be out on or before Monday January 9th, 2017 as demanded by the DVC Academics and henceforth students will be seeing their results before going on vacation or 1st week of resumption.
5. If you fail 5 courses in one session (Not Semester), you are out of the University Of Calabar.
The School Authority has ordered all HODs to follow the new Memo strictly.
Finally, the Management regrets any inconveniences these new Resolutions will cause.