2017 David Oyedepo Foundation Special Scholarship Award for African Refugees
Applications are currently ongoing for the 2017 David Oyedepo Foundation Special Scholarship Award for African Refugees. Interested students should see the details below. Scholarship Description The David Oyedepo Foundation Special scholarship program for Refugees is one of our major platforms for promoting the Foundation’s vision and goals. The scholarship program awards full ride scholarships to ... Continue Reading
Application Deadline: July 30, 2017
Applications are currently ongoing for the 2017 David Oyedepo Foundation Special Scholarship Award for African Refugees. Interested students should see the details below.
The David Oyedepo Foundation Special scholarship program for Refugees is one of our major platforms for promoting the Foundation’s vision and goals. The scholarship program awards full ride scholarships to qualified individuals, affected by various national crises, who are indigenes and residents of African countries.
The scholarship seeks to develop youth leaders who are ready to put their learned skills to work in leading organizations, communities and their local countries.
This award would serve to avail individuals from such troubled nations the opportunity to have access to quality education in Covenant University or Landmark University, Nigeria.
July 30th 2017
David Oyedepo Foundation
Covenant University or Landmark University
Eligible Field of Study
Scholarship is course specific as indicated on the application portal.
The scholarships are open to citizens and residents of African Countries.
- Full academic tuition as stipulated by school for selected course.
- 2 Round trip economic class ticket throughout duration of study
- Monthly upkeep allowance
The scholarship is for 4 or 5 years (subject to the university’s stipulated time for course completion).
The David Oyedepo Foundation Special Scholarship Award is open to Young Africans who:
- Are eligible to commence undergraduate studies in 2017.
- Are citizens and permanent residents of any African Nation affected by Internal crises.
- Are not Nigerian citizens
- Are eligible to receive a Nigerian student visa
- Are proficient in oral and written English
- Have a record of acceptable performance at the secondary school level which is benchmarked by:
- 70% recorded average or 3.5GPA/5.0 in Secondary/High School Transcript
- In good health.
- Not already enrolled in undergraduate degree programs.
Terms and Conditions
Scholars must meet set DOF criteria in order for the scholarship to be renewed at the commencement of each new session.
- Maintain 3.0 CGPA at the end of each session.
- Volunteer for 6 weeks in an organization committed to social impact during the long summer
- Carry out a community development project each year which can occur at any time during the
year but must be in the scholar’s local community.
- Maintain a high standard of character in line with the University’s requirement throughout
duration of study within and outside the school premises.
Selection panels will use the following criteria to evaluate applications (not in order of importance):
- A proven record of satisfactory scholastic ability
- Outstanding character
- A proven record of leadership and community involvement.
- A commitment to influence home country with skills learned and capacities developed.
How to Apply
- Applicants should visit the foundation’s website http://davidoyedepofoundation.org/portal/scholarship.
Read the application instructions and complete the online applications. Applicants must submit the application form and all required documents stated on the webpage.
- All essays and required submissions must be completed by the applicant. Under no circumstance is any third party expected to write essays on behalf of applicants.
- Each applicant must be available for online interviews that would be scheduled upon completion of application.
- Proof of Admission to Covenant or Landmark University is required only at the point of award. Hence applications can be submitted before admission letters have been received.
The Foundation does not secure admission to Covenant or Landmark University. All admission to each University is to be secured independently by going through the University’s admission process. All inquiry for admission can be directed to the University through their websites www.covenantuniversity.edu.ng and www.landmarkuniversity.edu.ng
Scholarship Award is CONDITIONAL on University admission. All VISA processing would be handled by the applicant and ticket details would only be sent across after proof of Secured Student VISA has been sent to the Foundation after award has been granted.
Official Scholarship Website: http://davidoyedepofoundation.org/portal/scholarship/
For further enquiry send an email to email@example.com.
The deadline for applications for the David Oyedepo Foundation Special Scholarship Award is 11.59 pm
GMT + 01.00 on Sunday 30th July, 2017. Applications must be submitted online at
http://davidoyedepofoundation.org/portal/scholarship. Email submissions will be disregarded.