Fed Poly Offa 2016/2017 Pre-ND And HND Admission Forms on Sale
The Federal Polytechnic, Offa admission forms for Pre-ND and HND are on sale – Apply now!
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission consideration into the Federal Polytechnic, Offa for Higher National Diploma (HND) and Preliminary National Diploma (Pre-ND) programmes for 2016/2017 session.
A. TWO YEAR HIGHER NATIONAL DIPLOMA (HND) PROGRAMMES
The under listed two (2) year Full-Time programmes leading to the award of Higher National Diploma are available in the Institution viz;
1. SCHOOL OF APPLIED SCIENCES AND TECHNOLOGY
i. Computer Science
ii. Food Technology
iii. Science Laboratory Technology
a. Biology/Microbiology option
b. Chemistry/Biochemistry option
c. Physics with Electronics option
2. SCHOOL OF BUSINESS AND MANAGEMENT STUDIES
ii. Banking & Finance
iii. Business Administration
3. SCHOOL OF COMMUNICATION AND INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
i. Library and Information Science
ii. Mass Communication
iii. Office Technology and Management (OTM)
4. SCHOOL OF ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGY
i. Computer Engineering Technology
ii Electrical & Electronics Engineering Technology:
a. Electronic & Telecommunication Engineering
b. Power and Machine Engineering
iii. Mechanical Engineering Technology:
a. Manufacturing Engineering
b. Power and Plant Engineering
iv. Civil Engineering
5. SCHOOL OF ENVIRONMENTAL STUDIES
i. Architectural Technology
ii. Building Technology
iii. Quantity Surveying
ENTRY REQUIREMENTS FOR Higher National Diploma (HND)
The entry requirements for all Higher National Diploma (HND) programmes are as follow:
1. Candidates are required to Possess National Diploma (ND), National Innovative Diploma (NID) in their chosen programme at not a grade below LOWER CREDIT classification from a recognized/accredited Polytechnic, Monotechnic or Innovation Enterprise Institutions.
2. SSC, GCE O’level with at least five (5) credit passes in relevant subjects including English Language & Mathematics obtained at not more than two (2) sittings.
3. The National Technical Certificate (NTC) or National Business Certificate (NBC) with credit level pass in a trade plus four relevant academic subjects which must include English Language and Mathematics.
4. Candidates are required to have at least one year post National
Diploma Industrial Training experience.
However, candidates with pass grade at the ND/NID are eligible for consideration for admission provided they have minimum of two (2) years post Industrial Training experience.
For details on the entry requirements peculiar to each of Higher National Diploma (HND) programmes, candidate should visit this Polytechnic Portal www.fpo.edu.ng
B. ONE YEAR PRE-NATIONAL DIPLOMA (PRE-ND)
2. Science and Technology
PRE-ND ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
SSC, GCE O’level with at least five (5) credit passes in relevant subjects including English Language & Mathematics obtained at not more than two (2) sittings.
The National Technical Certificate (NTC) or National Business Certificate (NBC) with credit level pass in a trade plus four relevant academic subjects which must include English Language and Mathematics.
For details on the entry requirement peculiar to each of the Pre-National Diploma above, visit this Polytechnic Portal: www.fpo.edu.ng.
Please note that Pre-ND candidates are expected to sit for JAMB UTME and meet the minimum requirement to enable them proceed for the National Diploma progrramme accordingly.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
To apply online for HND, and Pre-ND programmes, candidates are to visit this Polytechnic portal:www.fpo.edu.ng, click on admission to fill application form, and thereafter make payment of Twelve Thousand Naira (N12,000.00) only with an ATM card that is interswitch compatible.
Candidates are to also upload scanned copy of certificate (s)/result(s) and other required documents as stated online.
SCREENING FOR ADMISSIONS
All candidates will be duly informed of the screening date through either their phone and/or e-mail address.
CLOSURE OF APPLICATION
Application closes 3rd September, 2016 (six weeksfrom the day of publication).
PLEASE NOTE THAT ANY FALSE/WRONG DATA ENTRY WILL LEAD TO AUTOMATIC DISQUALIFICATION OF THE CANDIDATE AT ANY TIME SO DISCOVERED.
All candidates are enjoined to visit this Polytechnic’s Portal www.fpo.edu.ng for appropriate entry requirements for programmes of their choice and other relevant information.