UNIPORT Admission Screening Exercise For 2016/2017 – Apply Now!
UNIPORT Admission Screening Date, mode of application and eligibility has been announced – APPLY NOW!
The University of Port Harcourt offers Students and Scholars a unique experience that is evident in our quality research, teaching and community service which sets us apart from other Universities in Nigeria.
Our students are trained to engage in critical thinking that is central to proffering practical solutions to societal problems. Our expertise is widely-acknowledged in such specializations as Medicine, Social Sciences, Science, Education, Humanities and Engineering.
The Curricula are tailored in such a way that students embrace interdisciplinary approach to knowledge acquisition right from their first day on our Campus.
We are truly a global University with a competitive local edge. Staff and students from every part of the country and beyond teach and study in an ideal setting that is characterized by sensitivity to cultural diversity and respect for individual and group differences.
In Unique UNIPORT, the force and power of quality liberal education in all branches of learning gives us global relevance and a competitive local edge in the Nigerian University system.
UNIPORT Admission Screening Exercise For 2016/2017 Session
This is to bring to the notice of the general public that the University of Port Harcourt hereby invites candidates who made the University their First Choice in the 2016 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) and obtained a minimum score of 180, to apply for a Screening Exercise for admission into the University. The Schedule of the Screening Exercise is as indicated below:
Day/Date of Exercise Time College/Faculties/Disciplines
- Thursday, 30th June, 2016 7.00am Pharmacy/Agriculture/Education
- Friday, 1stJuly, 2016 7.00am Humanities
- Saturday, 2ndJuly, 2016 7.00am Management Sciences
- Monday, 4th July, 2016 7.00am Engineering
- Tuesday, 5th July, 2016 7.00am Science/SSLT
- Wednesday, 6th July, 2016 7.00am Social Sciences
- Thursday, 7th July, 2016 7. 00am Physiology/Anatomy/Dentistry/Nursing
- Friday, 8th July, 2016 7.00am Medicine and Surgery (1)
- Saturday, 9th July, 2016 7.00am Medicine and Surgery (2)
MODE OF APPLICATION:
ONLINE REGISTRATION PERIOD: Monday, 6th June, 2016 – Sunday, 26th June, 2016.
IMPORTANT DATES AND SCREENING REGISTRATION PROCEDURE
- Eligible/Cleared candidates to input UTME Registration Number and confirm pre-loaded UTME details.
- Print slip for payment
- Proceed to any of the following Banks(with e-Transact platform) and make payment of N2,000.00 (Excluding Bank and Access Charges, Processing Fee and Result checking):
FIDELITY BANK PLC, UBA PLC, FIRST BANK PLC, ACCESS BANK PLC
ECOBANK PLC, FCMBAND UNIPORT- CHOBA MICROFINANCE BANK.
- Obtain an e-Tranzact receipt showing an access code from the Bank Teller confirming the payment.
- Proceed back online and Log-in with your UTME Registration Number and the Access Code on the payment slip, from Friday, 17th June, 2016.
- Complete the Form online as requested.
- Scan and upload O’Level Examination Certificate(s)/ Examination Slip(s) for Candidates awaiting result(s).
- Click on the“submit button” and print Photo Card for the Screening Exercise clearance.
- Note the date and time of Screening Scheduleon the Photo Card.
CANDIDATES who fail to register within the registration period will not be ELIGIBLE TO PARTICIPATE IN THE SCREENING EXERCISE.
MATERIALS NEEDED FOR SCREENING EXERCISE
Candidates are required to come with the following:
- A clear copy of the Photo Card printed online and pen.
- Copy of O’Level Examination Certificate(s) (WASCE, GCE, NECO, NABTEB)/Examination Slip(s) for Candidates awaiting results.
- Inconsistency in name or picture on Photo Card will not be acceptable to the University and may lead to disqualification of affected candidates. Candidates’ names on their O’Level Certificates, UTME results and other registration documents must be the same.
- Mobile Phones, Ipad, Ipod, Walkman and similar gadgets or any extraneous materials will not be allowed into the Screening Venue and its environs.
- Candidates must apply within the Registration period as the online link for the Application Form will be disabled at Mid–Night on SUNDAY, 26th June, 2016.
- Candidates must report to the designated Screening Venues at the time scheduled on the Photo Card or risk disqualification.
- Parents and Guardians, as well as uninvited security agents will not be allowed into the campus on the days of the Screening Exercise.
- For Technical support services during registration, send an email to: email@example.com.
- For further enquiries, please call any of the following numbers: 08091153162, 08138740076, 08185945712, 08175125591
DORCAS D. OTTO (MRS)