2016 ICSP Scholarships at the University of Oregon USA
About the University of Oregon USA: We’re a member of the prestigious Association of American Universities—one of only 36 public universities committed to scientific exploration and interdisciplinary research. We’re founded on and committed to a tradition of classic liberal arts education. One dedicated to overcoming barriers and discovering how much there still is to discover. We’re ... Continue Reading
About the University of Oregon USA:
We’re a member of the prestigious Association of American Universities—one of only 36 public universities committed to scientific exploration and interdisciplinary research.
We’re founded on and committed to a tradition of classic liberal arts education. One dedicated to overcoming barriers and discovering how much there still is to discover.
We’re driven by what we don’t know, and to finding the answers. We’ve done away with “diversity” and expanded it to include diversity, equity, and inclusion. We decided it’s not enough to just be different together.
We want cultural encounters that lead to happy accidents. Cross-pollination that leads to new perspectives. We want thousands of bright students from Oregon, America, and around the world, learning from each other. Working and sharing with each other.
Discovery and excellence demand it. So we demand it. At every level. We know the differences between us make us stronger and smarter.
About the 2016 ICSP Scholarships at the University of Oregon USA:
Applications are currently ongoing for the 2016 ICSP Scholarships at the University of Oregon USA. International students who demonstrate financial need and exceptional merit may apply for the International Cultural Service Program (ICSP).
The ICSP scholarship has a cultural service component which requires students to give presentations about their home country to children, community organizations, and UO students, faculty and staff
Criteria for Eligibility:
- Applicants must be admissible or fully admitted to the University of Oregon. New students must apply for admission to the UO for 2016-17 by January 15, 2016. To apply for admission go to http://admissions.uoregon.edu/international/index.html.
- Applicants cannot be U.S. citizens, U.S. permanent residents, or eligible to receive U.S. federal financial assistance.
- Applicants must demonstrate financial need and meet the minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA requirement.
Fields of Study:
Eligible programmes offered at the University.
Number of Scholarships:
Eligible Countries/Target Groups:
International students who demonstrate financial need and exceptional merit.
Value of Scholarship/Inclusions:
Tuition waiver worth $9,000 – $27,000
INSTRUCTIONS FOR APPLYING TO THE INTERNATIONAL CULTURAL SERVICE PROGRAM 2016-17
International students who demonstrate financial need and exceptional merit may apply for the International Cultural Service Program (ICSP). Selected ICSP students receive a tuition-waiver scholarship ranging from $9,000 – $27,000. ICSP students agree to complete 80 hours per year of cultural service as required by the program. Cultural service can include speaking or giving demonstrations to schools or community groups about the heritage and culture of your country or participating in international events on campus.
The following criteria are used to select the successful candidate:
- Demonstrated financial need
- Experience participating in cultural activities
- Demonstrated performance and presentation skills
- Strong academic records
- Strong communication skills
Late or incomplete applications will not be considered. Completed ICSP application materials must submitted on or before January 15, 2016.
Completed applications must include ALL of the following and be submitted to the office of International Affairs:
- Click here to submit an Application for 2016-17. (This form is best viewed using Firefox internet browser) We recommend that before starting you read through all of the questions carefully. The form cannot be saved for future use and there are several required attachments. Please be sure you have all attachments and answers ready before beginning. Including…
- Presentation materials The selection committee is very interested in the types of presentations you are able to make. Describe topics you are prepared to address as you represent your country and cultural background. Include a list of the materials you need to illustrate your talk (ie. slides, photographs, instruments, national dress, artifacts, etc.).
- Two-page personal biography The biography should be in the form of an essay and not a listing of facts. It should include information concerning your background, future goals, education, influential experiences and special interests.
- Two recommendation forms. You are responsible for making sure that your recommendations are submitted in English on or before January 15, 2016. Please be sure that your recommender uses the same name that is on your ICSP application. Recommendation letters submitted to the office of Admissions can NOT be used for your ICSP Application.
• PROBLEMS SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION ONLINE?
If you are unable to submit this form online please contact us at email@example.com, or call us at 541.346.3206.
Deadline for Application
Applications and supporting materials must be submitted to International Affairs on or before 15 January 2016. Documents sent to the Admissions Office will not be accepted for your ICSP application.
Course starts 2016
Official Scholarship Website:
For more information, visit:
See more updates from: