2016 DAAD Scholarships for Postgraduate Courses in Germany
About the DAAD:
A brief look back at history shows that the DAAD has a long tradition of uniting people and academia. Founded in Heidelberg in 1925 on the initiative of a single student, the DAAD has since become one of the most important funding organisations in the world for the international exchange of students and researchers. On the following pages, we invite you to learn more about our funding programmes and the aims of our activities.
The DAAD supports over 100,000 German and international students und researchers around the globe each year – making it the world’s largest funding organisation of its kind. We also promote internationalisation efforts at German universities, help developing countries build their own systems of higher education, and support German Studies and German language programmes abroad. Our Artists-in-Berlin Program is one of the most renowned international scholarship programmes for artists.
About the 2016 DAAD Scholarships for Postgraduate Courses in Germany:
You are hereby invited to apply for the 2016 DAAD Scholarships for Postgraduate Courses in Germany.
The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) provides scholarships in Germany for international students for a range of postgraduate courses at German Universities which aim at providing academically educated young professionals from developing countries with further specialized studies.
German Universities offering development-related postgraduate courses
Criteria for Eligibility:
• Works either for a public authority or a state or private company in a developing country and, as such, is engaged in the planning and execution of directives and projects with emphasis on development policies having a bearing on technological, economic or social areas
• Holds a Bachelor’s degree (normally four years) in a related subject.
• Has completed an academic degree with far above average results (upper third) and at least two years of related professional experience
• His/her academic degrees should normally not be more than six years old
• For courses in German: DSH 2 or TestDaF 4; at time of application German skills at completed level A2 are required. In addition, German language courses at level A2 or B1 are highly recommended
• For courses in English: IELTS (Band 6) certiﬁ cate or TOEFL (minimum score: 550 paper based, 213 computer based, 80 internet based).
Please also see if you meet the eligibility requirements of the programme you are applying to.
Fields of Study:
The scholarship are towards eligible development-related courses. See the list of eligible postgraduate courses for 2016/2017.
Number of Scholarships:
Eligible Countries/Target Groups:
International students from developing countries (on the DAC List of the OECD)
Value of Scholarship/Inclusions:
Full and partial DAAD scholarships are available.
Applications must be made directly to the respective course except for Cameroon and Nigeria where applications must be submitted via the German Embassy.
It is important to visit the official website to access the application form and for complete information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Deadline for Application:
Please refer to the respective websites of the Universities for the application procedure, the application deadline, and the documents to be submitted. Deadline varies depending on the course/university but is usually around August-October 2015.
Official Scholarship Website:
Courtesy: Nigerian Scholars
See more updates from:
- Learn Web and Android Programming: Google/Udacity Africa Scholarship Program 2018 - 1 day ago
- Study in Germany: 2018 100% Bucerius Global Scholarships for International Students - 1 day ago
- Apply for the 2019 Africa Prize for Engineering Innovation in Sub-Saharan Africa - 1 day ago
- Study in UK: 2018 Developing Solutions Masters Scholarships for African and Commonwealth Countries - 1 day ago
- Study in UK: 2018 Bangor University Merit Scholarships for International Students - 1 day ago
- Study in UK: 2018 Bangor University Commonwealth Shared Scholarships for African Students - 1 day ago
- Study In Germany: 2018 University of Bonn ZEF’s Doctoral Scholarship Programme - 2 days ago