2015/2016 Covenant University Postgraduate Admission
This is to announce that the 2015/2016 Covenant University Postgraduate Admission for both full/part-time programmes is out. Opportunities exist for suitably qualified candidates for postgraduate training leading to the award of the Postgraduate Diploma, Master’s, and Ph.D degrees at Covenant University on both full and part-time basis. Covenant University is the leading Private institution in ... Continue Reading
This is to announce that the 2015/2016 Covenant University Postgraduate Admission for both full/part-time programmes is out.
Opportunities exist for suitably qualified candidates for postgraduate training leading to the award of the Postgraduate Diploma, Master’s, and Ph.D degrees at Covenant University on both full and part-time basis.
Covenant University is the leading Private institution in Nigeria committed to raising a new generation of leaders. The University’s serene and green environment, state – of- the art facilities, the virtual library and a crop of distinguished faculty provide necessary incentives for effective learning and research.
Postgraduate Diploma (PGD)
A candidate seeking admission to the Postgraduate Diploma (PGD) Programme must be a graduate of Covenant University or any other University recognized by the Senate of Covenant University, with a minimum of Third Class
honours degree, in the same subject discipline, or in a related discipline. Holders of the Higher National Diploma (HND) with a minimum of Lower Credit as well as holders of relevant professional qualifications may be considered. The duration of study for the award of the PGD is 12 months for full- time and 18 months for part- lime
programmes. For PGD programmes in Engineering, the duration of study is 24 months for full time and 36 months for part – time programmes. Part time lectures take place on Saturdays, between 9.00am – 5.00pm.
MA/ M.Sc ,/M.Sc – ACIB / M.Eng
A candidate seeking admission to the Master’s Degree Programme of Covenant University must be a graduate of Covenant University or any other University recognized by the Senate of Covenant University, with a minimum of Second Class (Lower Division).
The duration of full- time study for the award of the Master’s degree is 18 months (3 semesters), while for the part- time, the duration is 30 months (5 semesters).
A candidate seeking admission to the direct Ph.D Degree Programme of Covenant University must have obtained a Master’s of Covenant University or any other University recognized by the Senate of Covenant University, with a
CGPA of 4.0 or 60%. Candidates that have obtained a CGPA below 4.0 but had 3.5 and above (or 55 %) will be considered for the M. Phil/Ph.D.
The M.Phil/Ph.D programme is intended to prepare candidates for the Ph. D since Covenant University does not award the M.Phil degree. The coursework for the direct Ph.D is for one semester while for the M.Phil/Ph.D, it is for two semesters.
The duration of full- time study for the award of the Ph.D degree is 3 years, while th e part- time is 5 years. Candidates are also to note that for all cases (PGD, Master’s and Ph.D) there are other requirements that may be specific to a College and/or a Programme .
Postgraduate Programmes available in the four Colleges of the University are as follows:
A. COLLEGE OF BUSINESS & SOCIAL SCIENCES
1. DEPARTMENT OF ACCOUNTING
PGD /M.Sc/Ph.D Accounting
A) Pos s es sion of r elevant f inal
professional certificates such as ICAN,
ACCA, CPA may be considered as an
enhancement of admission chances. In any case,
no applicant without a first Degree will be
considered for admission.
2. DEPARTMENT OF BANKING & FINANCE
PGD /M.Sc/M.Sc – ACIB / Ph.D/ Banking & Finance
3. DEPARTMENT OF BUSINESS MANAGEMENT
PGD/M.Sc/Ph.D Business Administration
PGD /M.Sc/ Ph.D Marketing
M.Sc/Ph.D Industrial Relations & Human Resources Management
4. DEPARTMENT OF ECONOMICS & DEVELOPMENT STUDIES
PGD/M.Sc /Ph.D/Demography & Social Statistics
5 . DE P A RT ME NT OF MA S S COMMUNICATION
PGD/M.Sc/Ph.D Mass Communication
6. DEPARTMENT OF SOCIOLOGY
B. COLLEGE OF LEADERSHIP &DEVELOPMENT STUDIES
1 DEPARTMENT OF PSYCHOLOGY
PGD Education and Human Development
MA/Ph.D Couns elling
In addition to general counselling courses, successful candidates could specialize in any of the following areas:
i. Forensic Counselling
ii. Career Counselling
iii. Marriage and Family Counselling
iv. Substance Abuse Counselling
v. Rehabilitation Counselling
There will be a supervised practice for 3 months in any of the following settings hospitals/rehabilitation centres/social work/schools. This is mandatory for all students.
2 . DEPARTMENT OF POLITICAL SCIENCE & INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS
PGD/M.Sc/Ph.D/ International Relations
PGD /M.Sc/Ph.D/ Political Science
PGD/M.Sc/Ph.D/Policy and Strategic Studies
Master of Public Administration
Public Policy and Administration
3. DEPARTMENT OF LANGUAGES & GENERAL STUDIES
M.A/ Ph.D English Language/Literature
C. COLLEGE OF SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
1. DEPARTMENT OF BIOLOGICAL SCIENCES
PGD/Applied Biology & Biotechnology
PGD Biochemistry& Molecular Biology
2. DEPARTMENT OF CHEMISTRY
M.Sc Industrial Chemistry
M.Sc Environmental Chemistry
M.Sc Analytical Chemistry
3 DEPARTMENT OF COMPUTER & INFORMATION SCIENCES
PG D/M .Sc/ Ph.D/ Computer Science
PGD/M.Sc/Ph.D/ Management & Information Systems
4 . DEPARTMENT OF MATHEMATICS
5 . DEPARTMENT OF PHYSICS
Atmospheric &Communication Physics
Renewable Energy and Material Physics
Radiation and Health Physics
6 DEPARTMENT O F ARCHITECTURE
7. DEPARTMENT OF BUILDING TECHNOLOGY
PGD Construction Management
M.Sc/Ph.D/Building Technology (Construction Management)
8. DEPARTMENT OF ESTATE MANAGEMENT
D. COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING
1. DEPARTMENT OF CHEMICAL ENGINEERING
PGD/M.Eng/ Chemical Engineering
2. PETROLEUM ENGINEERING
PGD/M.Eng/ Petroleum Engineering
3 DEPARTMENT OF CIVIL ENGINEERING
4 DEPARTMENT OF ELECTRICAL & INFORMATION ENGINEERING.
PGD/M.Eng/Ph.D/Information & Communications Engineering
PGD/M.Eng/Ph.D/Electrical and Electronics Engineering
5. DEPARTMENT OF MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
ADDITIONAL OPPORTUNITIES FOR OUR POSTGRADUATE STUDENTS
- Industrial experience within and outside Nigeria
- Dual degree programmes in conjunction with our collaborating foreign Universities Selection Process: All candidates will be required to undergo a selection process including a written test and an oral interview.
- Candidates are expected to produce evidence of academic qualifications and academic transcripts before admission can be finalized.
- All prospective candidates are expected to submit a 250 word statement of intent in their proposed research areas.
NOTE: All documents and completed forms should be submitted latest by June 29, 2015.
PROCEDURE FOR ON LINE APPLICATI ON
Log on to t he Covenant Un iversity School of Postgraduate Studies Website, sps.covenantuniversity.edu.ng Locate the 2015/2016 postgraduate admissions link, where you would be required to follow the steps outlined below:
- Create a personal account for your Admission process (Note: Do not use the password to your private email)
- After a successful creation of the account, login to the account and complete the online form.
- The payment page is displayed by clicking on the submit button after you have successfully completed the online form.
- The cost of the application form plus N900 or N600 (Online or Bank) transaction charge is N12,400/12,100 (Twelve Thousand Four Hundred or Twelve Thousand One Hundred Naira)
- All Payments are to be made online on the payment page, you are exp ected to select the card payment option before you can proceed.
- Card Payment via the Internet: You can make payment from the comfort of your location using your ATM card.
- After a successful fee payment, you are expected to upload your passport, after which your application number is displayed ( please copy it).
Mr. Olurnuyi wa Vincent
Secretary, PG School
See more updates from:
- JAMB Subject Combinations for all Courses in Nigerian Universities - 18453 views
- WAEC GCE 2018 Jan/Feb Examination Timetable Released - 2655 views
- BUK Direct Entry Admission List Released – 2017/2018 - 2222 views
- Fed Poly Nasarawa 1st Batch Admission List Released On School Portal – 2017/2018 - 2107 views
- UNIABUJA 2017/2018 Admission List Released - 1625 views