2015 JUPEB Examination Date, Centres and Details
JUPEB is a National Examination body saddled with the responsibility of conducting examinations for students, who have undergone approved subject combinations and are seeking Direct Entry admissions into Nigerian and partnering foreign tertiary institutions. The 2015 Joint Universities Preliminary Examinations Board (JUPEB) examination date has been announced and the exam is to commence on Monday, ... Continue Reading
JUPEB is a National Examination body saddled with the responsibility of conducting examinations for students, who have undergone approved subject combinations and are seeking Direct Entry admissions into Nigerian and partnering foreign tertiary institutions.
The 2015 Joint Universities Preliminary Examinations Board (JUPEB) examination date has been announced and the exam is to commence on Monday, June 15 and end on Thursday, June 25, 2015.
The Examinations shall take place in ten (10) Centres nationwide at the following affiliate- universities:
1) University of Lagos (UNILAG);
2) Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta (FUNNAB);
3) Federal University of Technology, Akure (FUTA);
4) University of Uyo(UNIUYO);
5) University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN);
6) Caleb University;
7) Afe Babalola University, Ado-Ekiti (ABUAD) Ibadan Campus;
8)Federal University Ndufu-Alike, Ikwo (FUNAI);
9) Bowen University, Iwo, and
10) Fountain University, Oshogbo.
Also the Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife; University of Port-Harcourt; Federal Univesity of Technology, Owerri; University of Benin; Lead City University, Ibadan; Osun State University, Osogbo; WellSpring University, Irhirhi, Benin City; Crawford University, Igbesa and Paul University, Awka are other affiliate-universities who plan to present candidates for the 2016 JUPEB Examinations.
More Details About JUPEB
To be eligible to take examinations leading to the award of JUPEB’s Direct Entry Certificates, the candidate must have been exposed to an intensive scheme of academic work relevant to his/her proposed university course.
- Each candidate must register, sit for Examinations and satisfy the Board in three subjects and a General Studies course relevant to the proposed course in any of the universities.
- Each subject is to be broken into four courses to be taken, two per semester, by the candidate. The results in all the courses are to be merged at the end of the second semester to obtain the candidate’s grade in that particular subject.
- Each candidate is expected to take twelve (12) courses, six per semester, and a General Studies course.
- The general Studies for courses in each University Faculty will be based on relevant General courses suggested for that Faculty by each university.
- The students upon completion of the programme will be issued certificates based on their level of perfoemance which bear Letter Grades of A, B, C, D, E or F in each of the three subjects and General Studies Paper.
For admission into each university, each candidate, in addition to passing the prescribed JUPEB examinations for issuing the Direct Entry Certificates, must satisfy all other conditions as prescribed by his/her university of choice.
The programme is an intensive coaching curriculum aims at ensuring adequate exposure to fundamentals of concepts and preparation of eligible students for University direct entry admission and a good head-start for University work. The courses of study which are those of the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) subjects include English Language which is compulsory for all students, Government, Literature in English, Christian Religious Studies, Mathematics, Economics, Geography, Government and History. Students are required to choose three subjects in addition to English. The certificate obtained by graduates of the programme will be tenable in several universities in Nigeria and in some foreign universities.
Admission is based strictly on merit and entry requirements and in proportion to the admission quota of the University for the various Faculties.
Students are admitted into the JUPEB Programme under the following broad options and subject combinations:
|AdministrationSocial / Sciences||Economics/Government/Mathematics (EGM)|
|Arts||Government/Literature in English/Christian Religious Studies (GLR)|
|History/ Literature/ Christian Religious Studies (HLR)|
|Economics/ Government/Literature in English(EGL)|
|Education||Any of the following subject combinations as applicable: BCP, CMP, EGL, EGM, GMP, GLR, MGE:|
|Environmental Design & Management||Geography/Mathematics/Physics (GMP)|
|Law||Government/Literature in English/Christian Religious Studies (GLR)|
|Economics/ Government/Literature in English (EGL)|
|Science (Biological Sciences)||Biology/Chemistry/Physics (BCP)|
|Science (Physical Sciences)||Chemistry/Mathematics/Physics (CMP)|
|Medicine/Dentistry/Pharmacy/Nursing/Medical Rehabilitation||Biology/Chemistry/Physics (BCP)|
- To source superior students for the University’s degree programmes and stem the high rate of dropouts from the University.
- To ensure adequate preparation of eligible secondary school graduates for University work.
- To enhance analytical and independent learning abilities and promote the intellectual development as well as oral and written skills of students.
The duration of the Programme of courses for the Board’s Examination is a minimum of one academic session of two semesters.
Mode of Study
Face to face at the Obafemi Awolowo University purposely built Distance Learning Study Centre at Moro, Ife North Local Government Area, Osun State.
Applicants for admission into JUPEB Programme must possess minimum of 5 Credits at maximum of two sittings in at least 5 subjects (inclusive of English Language) relevant to the candidates desired course of study in the University. Eligible candidates are selected for admission through an entrance examination.
See more updates from:
- JAMB Subject Combinations for all Courses in Nigerian Universities - 21930 views
- WAEC GCE 2018 Jan/Feb Examination Timetable Released - 3100 views
- BUK Direct Entry Admission List Released – 2017/2018 - 2407 views
- Fed Poly Nasarawa 1st Batch Admission List Released On School Portal – 2017/2018 - 2391 views
- Fed Poly Nasarawa 2nd Batch Admission List Released – 2017/2018 - 2306 views