2015 Federal Government BEA Scholarship Award – Apply Now
Applications are on-going for the 2015 – 2016 Bilateral Education Agreement (BEA) Scholarship award. The Federal ministry of education through the Honourable minister of Education Mallam Ibrahim Shekaru (CON) hereby invites interested and qualified Nigerians to participate in the 2015 – 2016 nomination interview for bilateral education agreement (BEA) scholarship award for: 1) Undergraduate Studies ... Continue Reading
Applications are on-going for the 2015 – 2016 Bilateral Education Agreement (BEA) Scholarship award. The Federal ministry of education through the Honourable minister of Education Mallam Ibrahim Shekaru (CON) hereby invites interested and qualified Nigerians to participate in the 2015 – 2016 nomination interview for bilateral education agreement (BEA) scholarship award for:
1) Undergraduate Studies in Russia, Cuba, Morocco, Algeria, Romania, Ukraine, Turkey, Egypt, Japan, Serbia, Macedonia and Hungary.
2) Postgraduate studies tenable in Russia, China, Turkey, Japan, Serbia, Mexico, Hungary, South Korea etc
Fields of Study
A. Undergraduate level – Medicine, Paramedical, Engineering, Geology, Agriculture, Sciences, Mathematics,Languages, Environmental Sciences, Sports, Law, Social Sciences, etc.
B. Postgraduate level (Masters Degree and Ph.D) in all fields.
Some of the BEA countries at present include the following; Russia, China, Morocco, Turkey, Algeria, Romania, Serbia, Japan, Ukraine, Cuba, Greece, Czech Republic, Syria, Macedonia, Mexico, Egypt, Tunisia etc.
The Total scholarship value is scheduled as follows:
• Any of the above countries are responsible for the tuition and accommodation.
• While Nigeria government takes care of the following;
• $500 monthly for supplementation.
• $250 yearly for warm clothing.
• $200 yearly for Health Insurance.
• $500 yearly for medical scholars only.
• $1000 for PG research grant yearly were applicable.
• N100,000 – Take off for PG scholars were applicable
• N60,000 – Take off for UG scholars were applicable
Applicants must satisfy the following criteria to be eligible:
(A). Undergraduate Scholarship
• All applicants for undergraduate degree courses must possess a minimum qualification of Five (5) Distinctions (As & Bs) in the Senior Secondary School Certificate, WAEC or NECO (May/June) only in the subjects relevant to their field of study including English language and Mathematics.
• Certificates should not be more than Two (2) years old (2013 or 2014)
• Minimum age is 18years and maximum 22 years old at the time of taking up the award.
(B). Postgraduate Scholarship
• All applicants must hold a First Degree with at least 2nd Class Upper Division.
• The applicants who are previous recipients of Foreign Awards must have completed at least Two (2) years post qualification or employment practice in Nigeria.
• All applicants must have completed NYSC.
• Age limit is 35 years for Masters and 40 years for Ph.D.
Note: (For all Applicants):
The donor countries are non english speaking. Applicants should therefore be prepared to undertake mandatory one year foreign language of the country of choice which will be the medium of instructions. And For postgraduate applicants for Russian award, the candidate must have obtained his/her first degree Russia.
Application Procedure and interview Criteria
All qualified candidates are advised to
– Visit federal scholarship boards website: www. fsb.gov.ng
– Click on Application Center
– Click on BEA in the Application Centre to access form
– Complete the application form online
– Print the completed application form
– Submit two sets of the completed application forms at the venue of the interview as scheduled.
NOTE/WARINING: double entries will be disqualified.
All eligible applicants are to report for interview at the venues nearest to them as scheduled for their respective states of origin. Two sets of completed application forms should be submitted at the various interview centres with the following attachments:
– Two authenticated photocopies of Educational Certificates and Testimonial of previous school attended in two envelopes with their originals for sighting
– Only one Certificate will be accepted ie WAEC or NECO
– Two copies of Birth Certificate from national population commission (NPC) only
– State of Origin Certificate duly signed, stamped and dated.
– Four passport sized colour photographs on white background
– Data page of current International Passport, and
– Academic transcripts and NYSC certificate will be required from applicants for postgraduate studies.
Venue Of Interview
The 2015 – 2016 Bilateral Education Agreement (BEA) Scholarship Award Venues and Dates can be found on the official website. The interview would take place from March 9th to March 13th 2015 by 9.00am daily.
NB: Candidates nominated and finally selected by the awarding BEA Countries will be required to submit to federal scholarship board the following:
– Authenticated copies of academic certificates and
– Specified medical reports and police clearance certificate.
Official scholarship Website – http://fsb.gov.ng/
Official Scholarship application center – http://fsb.gov.ng/appcentre
See more updates from: