2015 Cambridge International Scholarship Scheme (CISS) for International Students
The University of Cambridge will offer, via the Cambridge Trusts, approximately 80 Cambridge International Scholarships to Overseas Students who embark on a research course in the next academical year. The awards will be made on a competitive basis to those applicants considered by their departments to be the most outstanding. Host Institution(s): University of Cambridge ... Continue Reading
Value of the Award
Duration of the Award
- be liable to pay the Overseas University Composition Fee (i.e. be assessed as ‘Overseas’ for Fee Status purposes).
- be engaged in a three year research programme leading to the PhD (i.e. will be registered as PhD, “Probationary PhD” or “CPGS”) starting in the next academical year.
- be engaged in full-time study.
- have a high upper-second-class undergraduate honours degree from a UK Higher Education Institution, or an equivalent from an Overseas Institution.
How to Apply for the 2015 Cambridge International Scholarship Scheme (CISS) for International Students
- In order to be eligible for a CISS award commencing in the next academical year, you must have applied for admission/continuation as a graduate student to the University of Cambridge either online (admission students only) or via the Graduate Admission and Scholarship Application Form (GRADSAF) by 2 December 2014.It is important that you send in your supporting documentation as soon as possible after you have applied for admission online, because your application will not be looked at until this is received. The closing date for this funding is firm – no late applications can be considered.
- Every eligible applicant for a three year research course leading to the PhD in the next academical year will be considered to have applied for a Cambridge International Scholarship provided their completed application for admission is received by the deadline above.
- Applicants are expected to also seek funding from other sources.
- The application must be fully complete, i.e. including academic references and a research statement. The CISS committee will only consider academic achievement and research potential. It is therefore critical that academic references and a research statement are included.
- Candidates should note that, given the volume of applications, applications which arrive after the deadline will not be entered for the Cambridge International Scholarships competition, nor will we provide feedback on the outcome of this competition at any stage.
- In January the Student Registry will submit a list of all eligible candidates to the relevant departments/faculties.
- RankingIn January and February, the departments and faculties will consider your application against all others and draw up a ranked list of their top applicants.
- NominationDepartments/faculties will nominate the very best candidates from their ranked list and submit this, together with a departmental/faculty statement of support, to the Student Registry.
- Offer of AdmissionDepartments/faculties will make a recommendation for an offer of admission to the Student Registry for their nominated applicants.
- Selection of top nominated candidates for CISS awardsIn March, all the nominated candidates with a conditional offer of admission will be considered by a selection committee comprising academic members of the Student Registry. The committee will draw up a list of candidates who will be made an offer of a CISS award immediately. A reserve list of candidates will also be drawn up who may receive a CISS award should any become available. These candidates will receive a confirmatory email. Several hundred partially funded awards will also be made by the Cambridge Trusts to candidates unsuccessful in obtaining a full cost CISS award.
See more updates from:
- JAMB Subject Combinations for all Courses in Nigerian Universities - 21929 views
- WAEC GCE 2018 Jan/Feb Examination Timetable Released - 3100 views
- BUK Direct Entry Admission List Released – 2017/2018 - 2407 views
- Fed Poly Nasarawa 1st Batch Admission List Released On School Portal – 2017/2018 - 2391 views
- Fed Poly Nasarawa 2nd Batch Admission List Released – 2017/2018 - 2304 views