2015-2017 International Scholarships to Study Abroad
You are invited to apply for the following 2015-2017 International Scholarships to Study Abroad: 2016 Carl Silfvén Scholarship for SSE MBA Executive Format Program in Sweden Applications are ongoing for the 2016 Carl Silfvén Scholarship for SSE MBA Executive Format Program in Sweden. The Stockholm School of Economics is proud to announce for the first time ... Continue Reading
You are invited to apply for the following 2015-2017 International Scholarships to Study Abroad:
2016 Carl Silfvén Scholarship for SSE MBA Executive Format Program in Sweden
Applications are ongoing for the 2016 Carl Silfvén Scholarship for SSE MBA Executive Format Program in Sweden. The Stockholm School of Economics is proud to announce for the first time the SSE MBA Carl Silfvén Scholarship. The scholarship is generously provided by Foundation CARL SILFVÉNS Scholarship Fund, a foundation established in 1914 through the will of Carl Silfvén.
The SSE MBA Carl Silfvén Scholarship covers the full tuition fee for the SSE MBA Executive Format program (SEK 465,000), as well as additional expenses related to travel, food and accommodation. The SSE MBA Executive Format program provides a solid theoretical framework combined with practical experience and skills training.
Participants develop a deeper understanding of business functions and the increased confidence to take on new responsibilities. The SSE MBA Executive Format is an intense learning experience, preparing participants to build, lead and develop organizations. But most of all, to grow as persons.
The scholarship covers the full tuition fee of SEK 465,000 for SSE MBA Executive Format, as well as additional expenses related to travel, food, accommodation or other boarding expenses. Only 3 to 7 finalists will be chosen, and asked to provide a full application (including interview and tests).
The scholarship will be awarded to a person, employed in a Swedish organization anywhere in the world, with a Bachelor or Masters degree in a subject other than Business or Economics. Candidates are ideally high-potentials:
• with a diverse and international background
• who would benefit from building a strong network in Sweden and Scandinavia
• promoting Swedish-based business in an international market
• with (at least) a Bachelor degree in a non-business subject, a high level of English proficiency and a minimum of five years relevant work experience.
Swedish applicants (employed in a Swedish organization anywhere in the world) are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
Application Procedure and Deadline
To apply for the scholarship please fill out this Open form before August 31, 2015. Applicants are advised to visit the official website (link provided below) for more information on how to go about applying for the scholarship.
Official Scholarship Website – https://www.hhs.se/en/about-us/news/2015/carl-silfven-scholarship-for-sse-mba-executive-format/
2016-2017 DAAD Scholarship for Students from Developing Countries in Germany
Applications are ongoing for the 2016-2017 DAAD Scholarship for Students from Developing Countries in Germany. The MIPLC (Munich Intellectual Property Law Center) is a part of the DAAD’s program of “Postgraduate Courses for Professionals with Relevance to Developing Countries.” If you would like to apply for the scholarship offered in this context, please note that several special conditions apply.
The scholarship is available for Internationally recognised Master’s degree programs for professionals with relevance to developing countries.
Scholarship Value and Notification
The scholarship recipient(s) will get a full tuition waiver from the MIPLC. The DAAD will pay the scholarship recipient(s) a monthly stipend of EUR 750.00. As a rule, the scholarship additionally includes certain payments towards health insurance coverage in Germany.
In addition, the DAAD will generally pay an appropriate travel allowance, unless these costs are covered by the home country or by another funding source. Furthermore, the DAAD will also pay a study and research allowance. Last but not least, the scholarship covers a mandatory two-month German course before the start of the MIPLC program. The scholarship does not cover additional costs, e.g. enrollment fee, semester ticket.
From the list of admitted candidates, the MIPLC will then put together a shortlist of candidates for the DAAD scholarship. All shortlisted applicants will be invited for a Skype or telephone interview.
Based on these interviews, MIPLC will pre-select the scholars. The final decision about allocating the scholarship rests with the DAAD. The successful applicants will be informed by the DAAD directly. All unsuccessful applicants will receive communication from the MIPLC.
If you would like to apply for the DAAD scholarship “Development-Related Postgraduate Courses,” please make sure that you fulfill the following formal requirements:
• You hold at least a four-year Bachelor’s degree, completed with above-average results;
• You received your latest degree no more than six years ago;
• You have at least two years of full-time professional experience gained after the completion of your first university degree;
• Your English test scores meet the MIPLC requirements.
Application Procedure and Deadline
To apply for this scholarship, proceed as follows:
• Refer to the DAAD program brochure from the link below and read the information carefully;
• Determine whether you are eligible to apply by DAAD and MIPLC standards; keeping in mind that where MIPLC and DAAD have differing requirements, the stricter requirements prevail;
• Apply for admission to the MIPLC by using our online application system, accessible below, and follow the instructions provided;
• When you come to the end of the online application, check “I would like to apply for financial assistance” and “I would like to apply for the DAAD scholarship” and complete the MIPLC Financial Assistance
• Application Form that opens automatically;
• Print the forms and add all required documentation, as per the instructions provided;
• Download and complete the DAAD Scholarship Application Form and add the other documents required by the DAAD (for details, please refer to the brochure – NB: the MIPLC does not require a research exposé);
• Send your complete application as detailed below.
Submit your application directly to the MIPLC, unless you are from Cameroon, Myanmar, or Nigeria, in which case you must submit your application through the German Embassy in your country.
Please make sure that your file is complete with all the documents indicated above. Otherwise, your application cannot be processed. Your complete file must reach the MIPLC by the dates specified below:
The general deadline for application is October 15 2015. Applicants from Cameroon or Nigeria must submit their application file to the German Embassy in their home country. The deadline for applications is July 31 of the previous year, e.g. July 31, 2015, for the 2016/17 intake.
Note: Please send your documents in good time to ensure their timely arrival at the MIPLC. We are regrettably not in a position to track your files with the German postal service or any courier services.
Official MIPLC Scholarship website – http://www.miplc.de/llm-ip/admissions/daad-scholarship-for-students-from-developing-countries/
DAAD Scholarship website – https://www.daad.de/entwicklung/studierende_und_alumni/bildung_postgradual/ast/08492.en.html
2015 PhD Research Fellowship in Analytical Chemistry at University of Oslo in Norway
Applications are ongoing for the 2015 PhD Research Fellowship in Analytical Chemistry at University of Oslo in Norway. Position as PhD Research Fellowships are available at Department of Chemistry, University of Oslo. If the successful candidates have a good knowledge of one Scandinavian language (Norwegian, Swedish, Danish), the fellowship will be for a period of 4 years, with 25 % compulsory work (teaching responsibilities at the Department).
Otherwise, the fellowship will be for a period of 3 years, with no compulsory work. Starting date no later than 1 October, 2015. No one can be appointed for more than one fixed-term period at the same institution. Technology/methodology is to be developed for high sensitivity determination of metabolites of potential diagnostic relevance.
Key technologies to be employed/developed are miniaturized liquid chromatography and mass spectrometry (LC-MS). Emphasis will be put on developing fast and automated platforms (e.g. on-line solid phase extraction). The position is part of the interdisciplinary research collaboration DiaTech, including groups from Medicine, Pharmacy, Chemistry and Physics aiming to develop next generation diagnostic tools in medicine.
Position code 1017, Pay grade: 50 – 57 (NOK 429,700 – 482,800 per year). The fellowship will be for a period of 4 years with 25 % compulsory work (teaching responsibilities at the Department). Otherwise, the fellowship will be for a period of 3 years, with no compulsory work.
Selection Criteria: The Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences has a strategic ambition of being a leading research faculty. Candidates for these fellowships will be selected in accordance with this, and will be expected to be in the upper segment of their class with respect to academic credentials.
• Applicants must hold a Master’s degree or equivalent in analytical chemistry. The ideal applicant has hands-on experience in LC-MS with miniaturized systems (e.g. nano LC or capillary LC). In addition, experience with hydrophilic interaction liquid chromatography (HILIC) is also an advantage.
• Candidates without a Master’s degree have until 30 June, 2015 to complete the final exam.
• The purpose of the fellowship is research training leading to the successful completion of a PhD degree.
• The fellowship requires admission to the PhD programme at the Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences. The application to the PhD programme must be submitted to the department no later than two months after taking up the position.
• A good command of English is required of all students attending the University of Oslo.
Application Procedure and Deadline
Applications should be submitted online. The application must include:
• Application letter
• CV (summarizing education, positions and academic work – scientific publications)
• Copies of educational certificates,transcript of records and letters of recommendation
• List of publications and academic work that the applicant wishes to be considered by the evaluation committee.
• Documentation of English proficiency
• Names and contact details of 2-3 references (name, relation to candidate, e-mail and telephone number). Foreign applicants are advised to attach an explanation of their University’s grading system. Please remember that all documents should be in English or a Scandinavian language.
The application deadline is 13 April, 2015.
Official Scholarship Website – http://uio.easycruit.com/vacancy/1354671/64291?iso=no
2015 “New Central Europe II” Research Scholarship Program in Hungary
Applications are ongoing for the 2015 “New Central Europe II” Research Scholarship Program in Hungary. The University of Pannonia invites applicants to submit Proposals for the “New Central Europe II” Research Scholarship Program.
The present grant is open to Applicants from all scientific Disciplines. Preference will given to applications in Focusing on Interdisciplinary Social Science and Humanities Research into the topics of Social and Economic Innovation, globalization, European integration with a special focus on Central European Cooperation, local, EU-wide, and global crisis, cultural heritage management and sustainability.
Research Proposals should connect Theoretical knowledge with practical analysis as potential harm to have the result in concrete policy recommendations. Research Proposals from the fields of the natural and life sciences, informatics, and the creative arts are included if they’ll Encompass can reflect and outline the topics above.
This grant has been supported by the European Union and Hungary and co-finance by the European Social Fund through the Project SROP-4.2.1-15/1 / KONV-2015-0006 – The development of the Innovation Research Centre in Koszeg knowledge base and in the frame of the Educational and Research Network at the University of Pannonia. Scholarship is available for Hungarian and International students and researchers in convergence regions.
Scholarships are available for 1 month, 3 months, or 6 months for young researchers and senior researchers and for 3 months or 6 months for postdoctoral researchers.
Study Subject(s): Scholarship is awarded in all scientific disciplines. Preference will be given to applications focusing on interdisciplinary social science and humanities research into the topics of social and economic innovation, globalization, European integration with a special focus on Central European cooperation, local, EU-wide, and global crisis, cultural heritage management and sustainability.
Research proposals from the fields of the natural and life sciences, informatics, and the creative arts are included if they can encompass and reflect the topics outlined above.
Fellows will receive a monthly stipend; they are not obliged to submit reports on payments made. In order to receive the stipend applicants must have a Hungarian bank account. The grants are tax-free. The scholarship provides the resources for maintenance in Koszeg (housing, food), health insurance, visa costs (if applicable) and travel related to research and professional activities.
The monthly stipend awarded is maximum HUF 300,000 for young researchers; HUF 500,000 for postdoctoral researchers and HUF 1,000,000 for senior researchers.
Selection Criteria: Scoring is based on the professional evaluation of experts in the relevant scientific fields of the applications. Notification to applicants will be sent by May 1, 2015.
There are three categories of scholarship awards:
• Young researchers: Applicants are expected to be: at least at the MA level, preferably a PhD student at a Hungarian or foreign university; a student participating in interdisciplinary post-graduate training and at the ABD level (all but dissertation).
• Postdoctoral researchers: Applicants are expected to have: a PhD/ DLA degree; at least 3 years of significant experience in working in research institutions or in teaching at universities and at least 5 publications in national or international refereed journals.
• Senior researchers: Applicants are expected to be: scientific advisors or senior research fellows in academic research institutes, or leading teachers of institutes of tertiary education (habilitated associate professors or professors in the case of Hungarian applicants); or university professors (in the case of international applicants); or having at least 10 years teaching experience in higher education; or at least 3 years of experience leading international projects or institutes, or experience in network organisation, scientific life or in the area of non-governmental organisations realizing social goals. In exceptional cases, expert applicants without a doctorate, but with outstanding academic and professional records, managerial, artistic achievements or research experience may also apply. These applicants are expected to utilize their practical experiences and international expertise in higher education or academic research and translate it into academic research and post-graduate training. In these cases, the applicants are expected to be: a senior officer of an international organisation (e.g., UN specialised agenciesv and autonomous bodies EU or OECD institutions); a senior analyst or consultant for an international think tank; an expert with at least 10 years of international professional experience in av relevant subject; someone with outstanding artistic experience and an internationally renowned expert of social or technical innovation.
Application Procedure and Deadline
The working language at the K?szeg Centre of the University of Pannonia is English. Applications are to be submitted electronically (scanned and signed) and in printed form.
Scanned applications should be sent to feketesagota-at-gtk.uni-pannon.hu. Printed applications should be submitted by post. The application deadline is April 6, 2015.
Official Scholarship Website – http://www.uni-pannon.hu/
2015 Fully Funded PhD Studentship at University of Edinburgh Business School in UK
Applications are ongoing for the 2015 Fully Funded PhD Studentship at University of Edinburgh Business School in UK. The Centre for Service Excellence (CSE) is an inter-disciplinary research and engagement centre within University of Edinburgh Business School. It is offering a fully funded PhD studentship. The studentship is of £14,000 value which covers tuition fees of (EU/overseas). The award will be for three years, subject to satisfactory progress, at the following rates.
Study Subject(s): Studentship is awarded in the field of ‘Co- production and service delivery in the public and/or private sectors’. The studentship will be based within the CSE. Component disciplines of the Centre include: accounting and finance, entrepreneurship and innovation, management science, marketing, organization studies and HRM, public management, and strategic management and leadership.
The award will be for three years, subject to satisfactory progress, at the following rates:
• European Union candidates: standard EU tuition fee plus maintenance fee of £14,000 per year.
• Non-European Union candidates: standard non-EU tuition fee plus maintenance fee of £14,000 per year.
The award will be for three years, subject to satisfactory progress.
Selection criteria: Selection will be based on: quality of research proposal; previous academic performance; reference letters; and publications (if any).
The CSE offers a fully funded PhD studentship. Applicants should have:
• possession of a Master’s degree from an accredited university in the UK or overseas, with evidence of above average academic achievement (more than 65% overall in your Masters) and the ability to undertake independent research (Master’s dissertation at distinction level). This may be in a management discipline, public policy, public administration or management, or social policy, and;
• for applicants whose native language is not English, an IELTS core of least 7.0, with no score lower than 6.0 in each section, or the equivalent from our approved list of certificates.
Application Procedure and Deadline
To apply for this scheme, please ensure that in your online application you:
• Specify that you wish to be considered for this studentship;
• include a covering letter explaining your reasons for applying and why you are the ideal person to receive this scholarship;
• include an initial research proposal specifying your research question, how it fits into and extends the literature, and your initial thoughts upon an appropriate methodology – this should be a maximum of 1,500 words (plus references); and
• include a CV. The application deadline is 1st May 2015.
Official Scholarship Website – http://www.business-school.ed.ac.uk/phd/scholarships-funding/scholarships/business-school-scholarships/phd-studentship-cse-co-production-and-service-delivery-in-the-public-andor-private-sectors
2015-2016 University of Lincoln Court Postgraduate Bursary in UK
Applications are now open for the 2015-2016 University of Lincoln Court Postgraduate Bursary in UK. University courts are an ancient tradition and at Lincoln, influential persons representing all aspects of industry, commerce, the arts, science, the professions, education and the voluntary sector, locally, regionally and nationally will advise those responsible for setting the University’s strategic direction and development.
The University is grateful for the gifts received to date from University Court members for the Postgraduate Fund and proposes to recognise excellence in postgraduate study by awarding a University of Lincoln Court Postgraduate Bursary.
The University of Lincoln Court Postgraduate Bursary will be a one off payment of £3,000 to an exceptional student embarking on a postgraduate taught course within any discipline this academic year (2015/2016). The University of Lincoln Court Postgraduate Bursary is open to applications from UK, EU, Channel Island, Isle of Man and International students.
The University of Lincoln Court Postgraduate Bursary will be a one off payment of £3,000 to an exceptional student embarking on a postgraduate taught course within any discipline this academic year (2015/2016). The award will be paid in January of the academic year in which the bursary is awarded. If the student withdraws from the programme before January of the academic year in which the bursary is awarded, the bursary will be withdrawn.
Selection criteria: Applicants will be considered on the basis of need and/or academic achievement. The University Court decision will be based on the stated criteria and will be final. No correspondence will be entered into.
Notification: The successful applicant will be notified in writing or by telephone by 31st August 2015.
The successful bursary applicant will be expected to:
• Be in good standing and enrolled on their programme of study as at January (the start of Term 2) in the relevant academic year.
• Engage in promotional activities for the University of Lincoln.
• Abide by the University regulations for academic and personal behaviour and act as an ambassador of the University. Students who are deferring entry for 2015 or beyond will not be eligible for the 2015 bursary.
• Your application and any information submitted by you must be personal to and relate specifically to you.
• Bursary winners may be requested to take part in promotional activity and the University reserves the right to use the names of bursary award winners, their photographs and audio and/or visual recordings of them in publicity and marketing materials.
• The bursary is exclusively for the student selected to receive it and is neither transferable nor exchangeable. It must be collected within three months of notification or will be forfeit.
• By accepting the bursary, students agree to accept the full terms, conditions and rules of the bursary and agree to abide by the University rules and any requirements and/or proceedings issued by the University of Lincoln in regard to the bursary.
Application Procedure and Deadline
The mode of applying is online and applicants are advised to visit the official website for detailed information on how to go about applying for the scholarship. The application deadline is 31st July 2015.
Official Scholarship Website – http://www.lincoln.ac.uk/home/studyatlincoln/scholarships/courtpostgraduatebursary/
2015 LSE IDEAS Mladena and Dianko Sotirov Visiting Fellowship in UK
Applications are ongoing for the 2015 LSE IDEAS Mladena and Dianko Sotirov Visiting Fellowship in UK. Call for Applications for the 2015 Mladena and Dianko Sotirov Visiting Fellowship. Recipients of this Fellowship will be working within the LSE IDEAS Balkan Initiative.
This Fellowship amounts to £3,000 and should cover a one to two month research stay in London anytime between June – 1 October 2015, namely travel expenses, accommodation and subsistence. Successful candidate will receive the grant upon arrival and will pay for his/her expenses related to the stay, as per above.
The recipient will have access to shared office space at the LSE IDEAS Centre and enjoy privileges of the LSE Fellow, including access to the LSE Library, its IT resources and to all events organized at the LSE. Bulgarian as well as Non-Bulgarian applicants are eligible to apply for this fellowship programme.
This Fellowship amounts to £3,000 and should cover a one to two month research stay in London anytime between June – 1 October 2015, namely travel expenses, accommodation and subsistence. Candidates can take up their Visiting Fellowship for a period of 1 – 2 months between June and 1 October 2015.
Selection criteria: The quality of the candidate and of the proposed research will determine the selection.
Notification: Skype interviews will be held with shortlisted candidates on 11 – 13 May 2015.
This Fellowship is intended primarily but not exclusively, for scholars in the early stages of their career, namely doctoral candidates and post-doctoral fellows whose work and research focuses primarily on a topic related to the history of international affairs of Bulgaria and the Balkans in the Twentieth Century.
Exceptionally, research of distinct quality focused on current issues may also be taken into consideration. Although candidates of Bulgarian nationality will have priority, this fellowship is also awarded to candidates of non-Bulgarian nationality. Above all, it will be the quality of the candidate and of the proposed research that will determine the selection.
Application Procedure and Deadline
Applications should be submitted by email. All applicants should submit (in English):
• Cover letter 1,500 words setting out their current research and how it will benefit from receiving a LSE fellowship
• Two letters of academic recommendation (one of which must be from the applicant’s thesis supervisor, if the applicant is a PhD student) .
The application deadline is 1 May 2015.
Official Scholarship Website – http://www.lse.ac.uk/IDEAS/fellowships/Mladena-and-Dianko-Fellowship/Sotirov_Applications.aspx
2015 University of Westminster Cavendish Research Doctoral Scholarships for International Scholars in UK
Applications are ongoing for the 2015 University of Westminster Cavendish Research Doctoral Scholarships for International Scholars in UK. The Cavendish Research PhD scholarships are being offered at the University of Westminster to all students from any country of the world. These Cavendish Research scholarships are uniquely for and targeted at students studying a research degree related to Science and Technology.
The Scholarship value is a full tuition fee award and would last through the duration of the doctoral program. Only 2 scholarships will be awarded for the 2015/2016 session.
• You must be studying a PhD research degree related to Science and Technology.
• You must have an Equivalent to a UK First Class Honours degree.
• You must demonstrate financial need.
Application Procedure and Deadline
You should only apply for a scholarship once you have applied for admission and successfully been offered a place (either conditional or unconditional) on the course you wish to study . To apply for a scholarship you will need to complete the relevant scholarship application form.
It is important to visit the official website (link to it is below) to download necessary application forms, and also for complete information on how to apply for this scholarship. The deadline for applications is 1 May 2015.
Official Scholarship Website – http://www.westminster.ac.uk/study/prospective-students/fees-and-funding/funding-for-students-starting-before-201213/scholarships/postgraduate-scholarships/phd-cavendish-research-scholarship
Courtesy – Nigerian Scholars Team
Like our Facebook page, Nigerian Scholars to keep getting our updates and you can also subscribe by submitting you email address via the subscribe form below to keep receiving our newsletters that will help you guarantee success in your academic career both in Nigeria and beyond.
It’s our pleasure to keep serving you better.
[do_widget “email subscription widget”]
See more updates from: