2014-2015 INSEAD Sam Akiwumi Scholarship Application Details
As one of the world’s leading and largest graduate business schools, INSEAD brings together people, cultures and ideas to change lives and to transform organisations. A global perspective and cultural diversity are reflected in all aspects of our research and teaching.
Classmates from 2007, Sam’s family and friends, INSEAD staff and former colleagues have all contributed to this scholarship fund in memory of Sam Akiwumi ’07D (a Ghana/UK national) who died tragically in the year he was at INSEAD. The scholarship is targeted at participants from Africa, with a preference for Ghanaians.
Candidates admitted to the MBA programme from Africa qualify. Preference will be given to Ghanaians and to candidates who demonstrate financial need.
Essay topic :
1).Only if you would like to be considered for the IAF Special Profile scholarships, please answer the following question in no more than 400 words: Briefly describe an instance or aspect in your life to date that has made you stand out amongst your peers or that you consider exceptional in one way or another.
2).In approximately 350 words for all the questions that follow:(a) state why you feel an INSEAD MBA is relevant to your particular career needs, (b) explain how you envisage contributing to the future development of your country/region after graduation.
3).In approximately 350 words provide a concise but accurate description of your financial circumstances as well as a cash flow forecast for the year e.g. details of income (such as your income, investment income, savings, property rentals,etc) set against details of expenditure (such as local outgoings, INSEAD fees, rent living expenses). How do you expect to finance your studies if you do not obtain a scholarship or financial aid from INSEAD? Why INSEAD should consider you for a need-based scholarship? What amount do you consider appropriate?Please do not forget to submit a number of supporting documents as required.
Amount of Award:
Up to €10,000
To be considered for this scholarship, please complete the Need-based Scholarship application.
Scholarship Application Deadline:
December 15 Class:
Applications Open: 25 April 2014
Deadline: 12 May 2014
Applications Open: 27 June 2014
Deadline: 16 July 2014
Applications Open: 5 September 2014
Deadline: 22 September 2014
July 2016 Class:
Applications Open: 27 October 2014
Deadline: 10 November 2014
Applications Open: 15 December 2014
Deadline: 30 December 2014
Applications Open: 16 February 2015
Deadline: 2 March 2015
December 2016 Class:
Applications Open: 6 April 2015
Deadline: 20 April 2015
Applications Open: 1 June 2015
Deadline: 16 June 2015
Applications Open: 27 July 2015
Deadline: 12 August 2015
See more updates from:
- Study in USA: 2018 Southern New Hampshire University Merit Scholarships - 20 hours ago
- Study in China: 2018 Wuhan University Scholarships for International and Chinese Law - 20 hours ago
- Study in Japan: 2018 Daiohs Memorial Foundation Scholarships at University of Tokyo – Japan - 20 hours ago
- Study in China: 2018 Henan Provincial Government Scholarship (Fully Funded) - 2 days ago
- Study in UK: 2018 African Excellence Scholarships (Full Tuition) at University of Glasgow - 2 days ago
- Study in UK: University Of Strathclyde Scholarship for Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences - 2 days ago
- Learn Web and Android Programming: Google/Udacity Africa Scholarship Program 2018 - 4 days ago