10 Universities Abroad that offer Free Science Online Courses
Free online courses in science are offered by real schools. Learn which science courses are available, what topics they cover and which ones lead to real college credit. Online Science Courses for Credit Schools with free online science classes, such as though offered through OpenCourseWare programs, do not generally require students to register in order ... Continue Reading
Free online courses in science are offered by real schools. Learn which science courses are available, what topics they cover and which ones lead to real college credit.
Online Science Courses for Credit
- Science 101: Intro to Natural Sciences – Lessons cover an array of subjects, including human anatomy, basic mechanics, ecology and thermodynamics.
- Biology 102: Basic Genetics – Instructors discuss RNA and DNA replication, gene transmission and causes of genetic mutation. They also introduce topics of concern in human genetics research and comparative genomics.
- Chemistry 101: General Chemistry – Lessons introduce students to the periodic table, atomic structure, chemical bonds, stoichiometry and nuclear chemistry.
- Geology 101: Physical Geology – Forces shaping the Earth’s surface and its features are covered alongside rock types, soil structure and atmospheric science.
- Environmental Science 101: Environment and Humanity – Lessons explain the interactions occurring among an ecosystem’s organisms and the environmental impact of humans’ resource consumption.
Free Online Non-Credited Science Courses
2. African Virtual University
3. Massachusetts Institute of Technology
4. Tufts University
Tufts University also offers multiple OCW courses related to the sciences. Students have access to an image gallery and PDF files while enrolled in Agricultural Science and Policy I. The course is focused on natural resource conservation, policy analysis, ecological agriculture and livestock production. Students can also complete assignments if they desire. Students can look at the microscopic study of cells, in addition to various body systems, while enrolled in the Histology: Study of Cells, Tissues and Organs course.
5. Tulane University
6. University of Massachusetts at Boston
7. University of Southern Queensland
8. University of Texas at Austin
Field Techniques is intended for advanced geography students looking to learn how to compile field data. Online students learn about the different levels of supervision, how to make professional judgments and environmental data. Notes are included on hand leveling, describing soils, vegetation and hydrology. Students have access to a number of additional readings on a variety of topics.
9. Utah State University
10. Yale University
Free online courses from Yale are available in the scientific fields like astronomy, ecology, chemistry, physics and geology. Its course on The Atmosphere, the Ocean, and Environmental Change includes video and audio elements available through YouTube. Lecture topics include the hydrostatic balance, the greenhouse effect, convective storms and ocean currents. Lecture videos for the course last anywhere from about 5-50 minutes.
See more updates from: